Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my first Jeep just over a week ago, and I love this ride (no mention of the word car, even though I hate kittens;)). I have never seen or used this site until after I bought it. But man oh man...has it been helpful.
Anyway, this is probably going to be a boring thread, but I plan on updating when I do things to it and have some fun it.
She is a 2013 Sahara Unlimited, 6spd manual, came with hard top, upgraded wheels, cloth. I had to hunt her down a few hours away but worth it. I am a sales manager at a Nissan store and my owner happens to have a large C-D-J store too...so I got the hookup! Here is her first pic, the day I picked her up.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Added the under seat safe from bestop last week, and added the weathertech floor liners in grey.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took the hard top off for the first time, built a dolly / stand for it. Turned out perfectly! Thanks to the forums and pics on here! Stored it away for awhile.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Dont think there too many Sahara's with a 6 speed..... Nice

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got the windows tinted and yesterday, after a few days of toplessness, I installed the TrekTop NX. Not too hard either. It was plenty hot enough to allow for the stretching.
Also took the Sahara stickers off and added one of my own. From americanmethod.com. I wanted something Captain America, something don't tread on me, and something with a flag...this is all rolled into one!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
almost forgot a very important add on...my Florida Gators tow hitch cover. GO GATORS!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dont think there too many Sahara's with a 6 speed..... Nice
There definitely isn't...being a dealer, I targeted this one. It was between this and a 2013 Freedom edition. I am glad I picked this one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice, I just got a Sahara 6 speed too. It happened to be at the dealer a couple miles down the road with most of what I wanted. I got lucky. I would have liked a tow hitch and remote start but I suspect I can add those. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cathing up on all my mods!

built this cart for my doors. works perfectly!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Need some night vision!

So I got a set of Truck Lite. What a difference!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Slapped on some decals! And added homemade bullet valve stem covers.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
First Attemp at Plasti-Dippin

Not so good. Second try better. But I have a slight ocd problem, so i ripped that one off too. Finally, third try I got it right. Oh and I tried the home made grill mesh mod. Meh...it held for a few days.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Finally took her off pavement

Did a little camping excursion here in Tennessee! With my two best friends! The dog and the wife!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Installed some off road lights. And rampage grill insert. Had to yank my DIY one out. some of the blocks were coming out.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Now here is a learning experience for plasti dip. One night after a few (10 or 12 or ??) I noticed a small spot, inside the Jeep logo on the grill, that the plastidip missed. So, I say to myself, meh...just a quick spray and can fix it. Nope.
:atomic:

So...peeled it off and went another direction. Bedliner. Said it was idiot proof to spray, so I sanded the grill down...and I must say, I like it better than plastidip.

Also installed clear turn signals and marker lamps.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts