Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So installed my racor lift last week, and switched from hard to soft top probably until Dec.

Left the windows out because I was lazy and went to the soccer fields, knowing it was going to pour. I've had my windows out in the past and didn't think anything of it. A little bit of water comes in and gets the seats wet, but with the top on, only the back really gets wet.

Well, I learned my lesson -- the entire back cargo secret cargo area was flooded and filled with water along with my jack space. Didn't even think about it, until I woke up this morning and went and looked to find the swimming pool.

Usually I'm driving in the rain vs parked in the rain for 2 hours. I should say parked in the rain for 2 hours when it was absolutely pouring.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,872 Posts
Make sure you look at the area where the Jack is, there is a drain plug. You'll need to pull it :)

It ALL dries out. Been soaked many times.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
That sucks. One time in my 2006 my wife and I took the top off and drove to my boss's lake house one friday night. We were going to stay for the weekend but we arrived at dark just as a storm rolled in. Fortunately, we had no problems navigating the community and pulled right into the garage as the worst of the storm started.

We went inside and the next morning I went outside to look around and realized we had parked under a deck, not a garage. My Jeep had about 6 inches of water in it. I pulled all of the drain plugs, and we sat on towels for the rest of the weekend but it eventually dried out with no problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts