Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced fuel injectors to the 4 hole ones. 2001 wrangler 2.5 engine. Since I replaced them when I drive jeep it is very sluggish. Like not getting enough fuel. The injectors went into engine side very easy. I was wondering if maybe one of them may not have seated all the way. I removed them to check and they just came out with very little effort. How do you make sure they are seated like they should be?
I removed battery cables and held them together for over 10 seconds to reset.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK.. Sorry didn't put enough info first time to forum. I have a 2001 wrangler 2.5. I replaced the exhaust manifold gasket due to a leak. While I was doing that, I upgraded my fuel injectors to the 4 hole type. (Bosch II 4 Hole Nozzle Upgrade 1996-2002 Dodge Jeep 2.5L. L4). After completing the change I disconnected ground side of battery, (already had positive off) and shorted the 2 together for about 30 seconds to reset. Hooked battery back up and turned jeep on. Let it cycle a few times to build up gas pressure. Once jeep cranked let it run about 5 minutes till it smoothed out. Drove down road and did fine until I really mashed the gas then it has a hesitation like not getting enough air. Just driving like have sense it does fine. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

·
Knows a couple things...
48,837 Posts
OK.. Sorry didn't put enough info first time to forum. I have a 2001 wrangler 2.5. I replaced the exhaust manifold gasket due to a leak. While I was doing that, I upgraded my fuel injectors to the 4 hole type. (Bosch II 4 Hole Nozzle Upgrade 1996-2002 Dodge Jeep 2.5L. L4). After completing the change I disconnected ground side of battery, (already had positive off) and shorted the 2 together for about 30 seconds to reset. Hooked battery back up and turned jeep on. Let it cycle a few times to build up gas pressure. Once jeep cranked let it run about 5 minutes till it smoothed out. Drove down road and did fine until I really mashed the gas then it has a hesitation like not getting enough air. Just driving like have sense it does fine. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
After you reset the computer, it will take a bit for the computer time to relearn all its parameters. I'd give it more driving time to see if it doesn't start performing better once the computer has caught up with the changes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts