Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All! On Friday, May 14th I ordered a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys. I had a 01 Cherokee in the past and I have plenty experiences with modern Jeeps, but this is going to be my first time owning my own Wrangler as well as my first time ordering a vehicle from the factory. I am getting rid of my current daily driver, a 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie, and replacing it with this.

I originally wanted "Nacho" as the exterior, but the color had just closed out when I went to order it. I was told that they just opened "Gecko" for the first time, and I knew immediately that is what I wanted. I also ordered the two new options not on the site yet: Gorilla Glass ($95) and the Doors-Off Mirror Kit ($195). I didn't check every single box, but I got everything that I wanted, including the Sun and Sound Package, Advanced Safety Group, Cold Weather Group, and a few more options.

I am excited to have my first Wrangler and it makes it even better knowing it's going to be the exact spec I want!

Also, the rendering below isn't the exact spec. They do not have Gecko on the configurator yet, so it is the only rendering I have of what the color will look like on a Willys.

Reactions: Shakes

·
Super Moderator
10,628 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

That’s a very close approximation of the color, although it looks a bit dark.

This is one of the photos of an actual JL in Gecko making the rounds on the Internet. It is a little brighter.

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
Hey All! On Friday, May 14th I ordered a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys. I had a 01 Cherokee in the past and I have plenty experiences with modern Jeeps, but this is going to be my first time owning my own Wrangler as well as my first time ordering a vehicle from the factory. I am getting rid of my current daily driver, a 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie, and replacing it with this.

I originally wanted "Nacho" as the exterior, but the color had just closed out when I went to order it. I was told that they just opened "Gecko" for the first time, and I knew immediately that is what I wanted. I also ordered the two new options not on the site yet: Gorilla Glass ($95) and the Doors-Off Mirror Kit ($195). I didn't check every single box, but I got everything that I wanted, including the Sun and Sound Package, Advanced Safety Group, Cold Weather Group, and a few more options.

I am excited to have my first Wrangler and it makes it even better knowing it's going to be the exact spec I want!

Also, the rendering below isn't the exact spec. They do not have Gecko on the configurator yet, so it is the only rendering I have of what the color will look like on a Willys.
Welcome Aboard and Congrats on the new Jeep! I'm just a bit down the road from you in Mukwonago.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
PS - FIFTY ONE THOUSAND for a 2-door Willys...? Good grief!
looks like he ordered an unlimited, but that is still a lot of coin, crazy how prices keep going up!

Reactions: aldo90731

·
Retired Moderator
100,521 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.
Nice looking Ride!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I ordered the Unlimited. Believe me, it's not nearly as much as the Rubicons & 392's. I saw a 392 sticker for over $79,000! Thank you all for the warm welcome.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unfortunately no progress on the build: They assigned my VIN in less than 24 hours but nothing since. Due to the crazy new car shortage I don't think a lot of wranglers are being built in Gecko. One notable change however, is the color. They marked it as "Limited Edition Gecko Clear Coat" now, so I hope it ends up being a little more unique! I originally intended on Nacho, but I missed the deadline and I am now even more excited for Gecko. I also think a lot of consumers are unaware of the color; It's not even adervites on Jeep's website and it is not an option on the configurator.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts