Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys :wavey:

my names Tony. bought a 98 wrangler tj last fall and somewhat restored it. i live in ohio so the rust was pretty bad.

gutted the whole interior (which only took about 45 mins lmao) refinished all the plastic, floor pans, new seats, new bedrug carpet.

had the rust repaired and repainted white.

new wheels/tires...31x10.5 bfg all terrain and level 8 15x8 tracker wheels.

new bushwacker 4.75" fender flares. which turned out to be a PITA with all the bolts rusted lol. had to move the flares up a tad in the rear and drill new holes. long story but kinda had no choice. looks fine imo.

anywho heres some pics. i realize it's not a built trail rig but it's def a blast for me and the fam to tear the doors off, top down and cruise around town in. first trip in it was last weekend and we loved it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
before

luckily the floors were just covered in surface rust and i just simply soaked them in white vinager for a couple days and sanded them, rustoleum primer and black paint. no rust has came through so i think i'm good.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

had a roll of peel and seal so i gave it a try for sound deadening (not that impressed :( )

again...i already had a roll of it from where i tried to repair my roof lol. prolly needed a couple rolls to really make a huge difference.

new corbeau seat cover

new armrest pad and refinished the tuff center console

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

went back & forth on seats for about a month and decided to go with corbeau moab seats. love them! i'm a big guy so they fit just right. look great too imo!

tore the dash out and refinished it.

had a broken heater vent so i glassed tweeter pods lol. pretty decent location soundwise

new flares

new paint and rust all gone

dash installed

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
refinished the seat frames

center console, front carpet and seats installed

a ton of other little things here and there but here she is today all back together.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sub box i made for it that i'm VERY surprised that it actually sounds decent top down lol.

like i said...i realize allot of jeeps on here are BUILT lol. i never have time to do much offroading and drive her everyday so i just wanted a sporty clean jeap to have a little fun with in nice weather. plan to take it on some fishing trips and i'm sure i'll tear it up here and there but it is a tj soooo...lol.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Helluva job! Looks great! Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
non jeep related but heres my 96 gt i built from the ground up. bought it bone stock like this.

i wont post a build on it but heres how she sits today.

it's on a ridetech full air suspension, fully built rear end, all bolt ons but decent power for the street.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Impressive job redoing your Jeep. Keep it up!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Welcome Aboard! :wavey: Very nice!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts