Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all Jeepers!

Love being here and seeing all the other cool builds, I have a 2015 Freedom Edition (I traded my Mercedes) I miss the car but I also LOVE love my Jeep!

All of my parts have come in and the build just started last night and will hopefully be finished by Sunday- thank god as I am from WA, where it's pretty bi-polar in terms of weather but its going to be 80 all week (according to some Washingtonians, it's "hellllllllllllllla" hot lol)

I'm going to sit back and watch hubby and his friend slave over it :)

They'll be installing Smittybilt XRC front fenders and rear corner guards, Smittybilt Bodycladding, and we installed the Smittybilt SRC front bumper last night. If I didn't have kids, I think the jeep would have been all done and modified by now haha but I gotta keep those priorities straight :)

jeep.jpg bumper.jpg

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
A Merc for a Jeep? Wow, you got a steal! Solid choice I must agree. Good luck, post pics and fenders will be fun.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
front.jpg

hood.jpg

rear.jpg

Here are a few progression photos, they are not the greatest pics taken and not the best in angles (my car was parked real close to the pillar of our entry way) the rear corner-guards proved to be a lot more difficult than they thought (a little bit more fabrication) and the instructions sent by Smittybilt were lame to say in the least lol thank god hubby is mechanically inclined and hands on, and thank god for youtube as well. The rear corners should be installed today and the bodycladding as well :)

I do plan to put a 3.5 lift with new tires and rims but that MUST wait, unfortunately :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A Merc for a Jeep? Wow, you got a steal! Solid choice I must agree. Good luck, post pics and fenders will be fun.
it was a difficult decision :( but I have two growing boys and either one were constantly kicking the back of my seat ha! I just added some pics, I feel like having a Jeep is going to be a time consuming, expensive hobby!

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
it was a difficult decision :( but I have two growing boys and either one were constantly kicking the back of my seat ha! I just added some pics, I feel like having a Jeep is going to be a time consuming, expensive hobby!
I've got 2 little girls that do the same thing. the youngest (2) screams when we get in any vehicle other then my jeep. So she'll own it one day.

Time consuming? expensive? NO WAY! lol still more fun then both of those combined. I see your not wasting time emptying the purse. (see I change that from wallet to be gender sensitive haha) Rig is looking good and smittybilt directions will never be the greatest, I've noticed rugged ridge on some things is the same. I've bought from extreme terrain, quadratec and Northridge, all those guys have had the knowledge to guide me with install problems. Theres a few vendors on here outside of those guys that throw in killer deals too.

Look forward to more!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts