Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my first Jeep in 2015, I got a 4 door with an auto so my girlfriend could drive it...but I've always wanted a "traditional" Jeep, so now I have another Jeep and it is a 2 door 6MT with manual locks/windows. I DO have a/c, I'm not that crazy :lmao:

My current job has me overseas most of the time so this build will go months at a time with little to no updates. I will be home at the end of May for vacation and I already have a (small) mountain of parts to install.

My Jeep is a 2017 Wrangler Rubicon in Gobi. It is pretty much a bare bones Rubicon the only options I added were the Black Hardtop, Connectivity Group, and Swing Gate Reinforcement/Spare Tire Carrier. Below is a small list of my parts ordered and parts I plan to get.

Ordered/Delivered:
Hutchinson Rock Monster Beadlocks
MetalCloak Game-Changer 3.5"
Teraflex Falcon 3.3's
Superchips TrailCal (may update to a TD2)
MetalCloak Twin Compressor and sPOD Mount

Plan to Order:
BFG KM2 35x12.50R17
sPOD with Genesis Adaptor
Genesis Dual Battery with G-Screen & Optima Redtop/Yellowtop

Take Off Old Jeep:
Warn Zeon 10-S Platinum
ARB Twin Compressor
Fire Extinguisher/Recovery Items

Mods Wishlist:
Dynatrac ProRock 44/60 Axle-Set
Wilwood Brake Kit Front/Rear
Tom Woods Driveshafts (probably sooner than later)
Tuffy locking cubby & rear half console
Radio/CB Radio set-up

The mods in the "Wishlist" I am still researching and deciding how I want to go. I tend to overthink a lot :pc-ouch: but only because I want to make my Jeep exactly how I want it.

So for now, I guess this is mostly all I'll be putting here until I arrive home in 4-5 weeks. I'll also be at Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival in June!

Here are some, not so great, pictures the dealer sent me after it arrived.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Congrats on your new Gobi! I like your mod list:thumb:

-Steven

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Any updates on this one?

Sort of, I dropped it off at the shop to have the lift installed while I'm at Bantam Jeep Festival. The shop called yesterday and said the lift was done but I won't be picking it up until this coming Tuesday. I'll have more pictures this coming week.

A couple days after delivery I noticed that the hood was misaligned, I'm waiting to hear back from the dealer on that one..

I'm super excited to pick it up and I know this thread is useless without pics so here's one, I put Mammoth Boulder wheels with 285/70R17's on it.....these are normally on my JKUR and I'll be putting my Hutchinsons with 35" BFG's on it after I pick it up

Attachments

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I picked my Jeep up from the shop on Tuesday and I am really impressed with the MC Game-Changer/Falcon 3.3 setup. I can carry some speed over washboard roads now...the only thing I don't like about them is that I now want them for my JKUR. I have 3" bump stops and don't rub at full flex with 35" KM2's. Here are some pictures from today.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts