Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been waiting to start posting my YJ build as it's been slow and have had to do (most) stuff as needed and (some) stuff as wanted. I got it a year ago as a straight up trade for a 2001 VW Jetta I had... I made out on that deal!! I've always wanted a Wrangler, got bit by the bug years ago (thanks to a friends family and one of my old shop boss's) and have always looked at them, so this one came to me and I had to have it. Here's some pics to show you it's journey so far since I've had it.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's what an ice covered road will do...

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fender replaced... and new smittybilt rc classic bumper and rear matching bumper

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Time to get rid of the "death shackles" and install the RC 2.5" lift with the 5/8" boomerang shackles... All in total I gained almost 4"

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Decided to trim the flares for a little more "flex" room... before and after pics. And that's where it's at to date... I'll post as I go, but may be a bit till I have more funds available...
Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking good. Nice work on the frame.rust is always fun. Keep up the good work. Slow and steady build is what owning a jeep is all about. Enjoy
Thanks, I'm happy with it so far. I have to thank my Brother in-law for help with the frame and his superb welding skills. Next two things on the list are a winch and a locker for the front diff... not necessarily in that order. Little by slow it's coming along to where I want it... for now lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts