Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been working on this project for about a week and a good 4 days of actual work, frustration, and trips to hardware/auto/4wd shops. Burnt out one drill, broke a chuck on the replacement (it was a new Hitachi if anyone cares and I replaced it with a Bosch).
Anyway, I think it looks great and I am quite proud.... Yes I know everyones opinion on the orange haha.

Attachments

·
Registered
802 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I agree with wrangler010... how did ya do it? I saw yopur other post and decided I like the look, but when I tried to remove that stupid plastic cover, there are some extensions off my frame that get in the way... doesnt look like they are on yours...what gives?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The simple answer is, Flip the winch plate, drill holes through the frame arms, and a lot of cuts on the plate and bumper.
The only thing I hate is having to abandon the fog lamps. :mad:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
how did you get the plastic cover off? did your jeep have the frame extensions as well?
I think if you have the tow hooks you dont have the spacer things. But, I am certain that you can still take them off.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have both..... its really pissin me of trying to get that plastic cover off I am about to break out the dremel and go to town

·
Registered
361 Posts
You have to unbolted the plastics bumper from the metal bumper underneath. Then you have to unbolted the tow hooks that are connected to the frame. Then kinda wiggle the plastic off and unhook your fog lamps if you have any. And the big coke can looking things are crush cans just grind those off. Then bolt back up the metal part. I've done this and have since remounted the fog lamps inside of the metal bumper. It makes for a really bad a$$ look. I spent a total of 7 bucks mounting the lights!!!! Oh and the orange is awesome looking man. Wish I would have thought of that.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Looks really good, nice work.

·
The Bad Guy
23,233 Posts
Since you're in NJ, where is your required front license plate mounted?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Shaunmac! Hey can you take more pics around that winch? I'm kinda looking in to doing this and wanna see kinda what I'm gettin in to.
Thanks

1 - 20 of 24 Posts