Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished it up and got it mounted. It weighs 70lbs and dropped the front 1/8" over stock. Bring on the deer about hit two just this week.

Attachments

·
Registered
710 Posts
Thats bad fckn ass with the lettering....u taking any holiday orders from members?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Nice. Funny thing is I was just logging on to post about the best bumper to "deer proof" my JK. Its a DD, with light off roading on weekends. Any suggestions help. Sorry if i hijacked your thread. Id buy one if you were selling. :)

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
MSCHULTHEIS said:
Nice. Funny thing is I was just logging on to post about the best bumper to "deer proof" my JK. Its a DD, with light off roading on weekends. Any suggestions help. Sorry if i hijacked your thread. Id buy one if you were selling. :)
Any that has a hoop and is made of metal.

Deer arent solid rock, you just gotta keep them off the sheet metal and the grille.

Theres no need to have a thread of whats best, as its up to you. Research my friend.

·
Registered
95 Posts
IndyJeepMan said:
Any that has a hoop and is made of metal.

Deer arent solid rock, you just gotta keep them off the sheet metal and the grille.

Theres no need to have a thread of whats best, as its up to you. Research my friend.
First off thanks for the advice, with a 40 mile one way trip through the county I have been fortunate enough not to feel how soft a deer is yet with my bumper...In your opinion, Do you think something like a bull bar would be sufficient? Ive seen some bolt on bumpers that you still keep the stock one on and I was a bit weary of this.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
MSCHULTHEIS said:
First off thanks for the advice, with a 40 mile one way trip through the county I have been fortunate enough not to feel how soft a deer is yet with my bumper...In your opinion, Do you think something like a bull bar would be sufficient? Ive seen some bolt on bumpers that you still keep the stock one on and I was a bit weary of this.
Really the best would be a full width ARB style with bull bar.

Personally I hate full width, and bull bars but thats just visual opinion.

The deer weighs alot, mass at speed means destruction. The most vulnerable being:

A. Grille
B. Fenders/flares
C. Steering components
D. Hood

If something bounces off itll go up or under, a stinger keeps them down where its less likely to damage anything.

·
Registered
95 Posts
IndyJeep, thanks again. Research is good but I respect the opinions of forum members. Have to agree with you on the bull bar look, never considered a stinger. Guess Ill have to just browse and order. Thanks again for your time and input!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice but I was expecting something along the lines of a cow catcher on the front of old locomotives, lol.
Thanks wish I woulda thought of that, lol

Thanks

Thats bad fckn ass with the lettering....u taking any holiday orders from members?
Thanks, If I was set up to produce them I'd make you one,took way to long to make this one, lol

Thanks, After a deer ran into me while on my Harley at 55 mpg I don't have much love for them.

Nice work, looks very solid. What's with the pointy boob things?
Thanks they are spikes I turned on the lathe, when I hit it I want to kill it!

One of the best looking bumpers i have seen. That is "bad-ass":thumb::punk:
Thanks

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Massive stinger :thumb:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Looks Great! With the way my season has been going so far I might have better luck filling my freezer by installing one of these and aimlessly driving around! Never ceases to amaze me I can sit in the woods all day and not see a thing, come home and find 8 of them standing on my front lawn in suburbia. They are way smarter than I give them credit for. :)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts