Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

My hypergreen progress through 2017

5K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  gr71cj5 
#1 ·
Realized I don't have a build thread and my mod list got too long for my signature so here we are. To be honest this is more so I can have a proper link in my signature. When bought it was a stock 2016 Rubicon with a 6-speed off the dealer lot. This is technically my second Jeep, but I only had the other one for about 6 months and I left it stock and didn't wheel because I was a punk.

Since then I've added on the following:
-Poison spyder brawler mid front and brawler 2 rear bumpers
-warn zeon 10s winch
-Teraflex HD hinge carrier
-Metalcloak game changer 3.5"
-BFG 35" KM2s
-AEV pintlers and spydertrax spacers
-Yeti XD draglink with attenuator
-Yeti XD tie rod
-Yeti XD track bar
-Rough Country MLC-6 + some lights
-Rock hard sport cage
-Poison spyder bombshell diff covers
-Swapped the JWS lights for heated trucklites because #winter

Stock:

I'm super fortunate to have a job at 26 that lets me take a fair bit of vacation and travel around so here are some of the trips I drug the Jeep on this year.

Put on bumpers and found some dirt roads in Iowa:

Lifted it and immediately found out that mud is not my friend:

There is a place in Nebraska that opens up hiking trails to Jeeps twice per year:

My first little ledge:

Camping on Bois Blanc island:

Got caught in the snow on Antero pass in CO in September:

First big ledge in Kansas:

I've been stuck on the road a bunch for work this fall, so the hard top is back on and it's ready for winter:

Bonus picture, I was in Australia for 2 weeks so I rented a "4x4" to go camping in:

I'm already signed up for a Jeep Jamboree this summer, but I need to cowboy up and order some better rock sliders, skid plates and half doors. 2018 should be a ton of fun!

See less See more
#2 ·
A quick mod tonight that I've been wanting to do for a long time:

https://www.facebook.com/FastCamaro/videos/10156074288142300/

I'm going to need to rerun the wiring for the license plate light since I wasn't going to pull my hard top to pull my security enclosure to get the wiring in cabin. Right now it's run up above the muffler heat shield and zip tied out of the way.

#7 ·
Thanks! I run a mopar premium soft top that I got for cheap from a coworker until it starts snowing, then I swap back to the hard top. If I could only pick one top it'd be a soft top for sure.

Really nice progress, can't wait to see where 2018 takes you:thumb:

-Steven
Thanks! I've been super preoccupied with my move to Michigan for work, but I'm hoping to get the skid plates knocked out this month and a lot more wheeling!

#14 ·
It's too late to edit my posts so I'll reach out to an admin to fix it. I'm not sure why some pictures are working and other aren't so I'm going to start uploading them to WF. But here is a pic of the skids (I'm really sad that it covers up the crossmember):

send me a PM, with which posts you want to edit, and i will get you access to edit those posts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.