Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 TJ with a 2.5L, auto. It cranks but won't start. I replaced the crank sensor hoping it was that but still no start. I'm not hearing the fuel pump turn on when I turn the key, but I was told that could be due to the crank sensor not sending it a signal to turn on. My next question is I have heard that the camshaft position can cause these symptoms also. Should I try that next? My voltage and gas gauges aren't working also when i turn the key on, which I was also told that could because of the crank sensor. Is it possible I got another bad crank sensor? Any help would be great, I gotta get this thing going by monday!

·
Registered
22,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I guess never mind guys, I just cranked it a little more and now everything is working with the new crank sensor. It starts and idles fine like it should. I drove it around the block and everything was good. The volt and gas gauges have also went back to working normal and the fuel pump kicks on again when you turn the key to on. So I don't know maybe it needed a few more cranks with the new sensor installed..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts