Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Super excited of my final look! Absolutely LOVE IT. Wanna get a small light bar to go on top of the bull bar. And that's it! First picture was the day I drove it off the lot. Second picture is what it looks like today. I call her my tank.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks great! Were you able to take care of the calibration of the tires in the ECU?
I was thinking of doing that, not 100% as of right now but I'm still getting used to the ride. Doesn't ride the same, and I've been known to get a few speeding tickets, 2 in the Beemer in one yr, and in January of this year got my first speeding ticket in the jeep. Someone suggested since I'm prone to getting tickets, it wouldn't be a bad thing if it's slower. He calls me the concrete warrior. Sigh, I have gone offroad. Lol

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
nicely done, but do us a favor and show us a video of you getting into your rig.
Explain your windshield

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
I was thinking of doing that, not 100% as of right now but I'm still getting used to the ride. Doesn't ride the same, and I've been known to get a few speeding tickets, 2 in the Beemer in one yr, and in January of this year got my first speeding ticket in the jeep. Someone suggested since I'm prone to getting tickets, it wouldn't be a bad thing if it's slower. He calls me the concrete warrior. Sigh, I have gone offroad. Lol
If I'm not mistaken, with the addition of the larger tires, the speedo will show it slower than what you're actually going. So if it says 55, you might be doing 63...... Funny thing, I would never get speeding tickets in my "sports" cars, it would always be in my trucks!

When you say it doesn't ride the same, is it better or worse? In my case in my 16 Hard Rock, my lift made it ride a million times better, and even better after adding the new tires/wheels.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Looks great! Enjoy the new Jeep!! :winner:. You should start your own build thread in the "Builds section" with all the mods you added. And you now say 1 more, but we all know there will be more to come, lol

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'd be careful using the steering wheel to help lift you up. Over time it may ruin the steering column. I have a friend in a wheelchair that used to do that in his blazer. After a couple of years he had to have it fixed.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Video? Well honestly I grab my steering wheel and pull myself in. I'm 5'3", not the tallest person. The garage who did the work replaced my windshield.
us guys would still like to see a video..........what happened to your windshield?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd be careful using the steering wheel to help lift you up. Over time it may ruin the steering column. I have a friend in a wheelchair that used to do that in his blazer. After a couple of years he had to have it fixed.
Yikes, ok well it looks like I'll need 2 more items THEN I'm done. LOL

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks great! Enjoy the new Jeep!! :winner:. You should start your own build thread in the "Builds section" with all the mods you added. And you now say 1 more, but we all know there will be more to come, lol

Thank you, my girl came home last night, I couldn't stop staring at her. Lol, I'm having way to much fun. More fun than my SL500, 645I, and 650I. Love the choice I made this time in vehicle.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Looks fantastic! Great job with the mods. My JKUR is orange, and I had the grill off this weekend to put in some new mods and was thinking blacking out the grill would look pretty cool. Looking at yours definitely makes me want to do it to mine!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If I'm not mistaken, with the addition of the larger tires, the speedo will show it slower than what you're actually going. So if it says 55, you might be doing 63...... Funny thing, I would never get speeding tickets in my "sports" cars, it would always be in my trucks!

When you say it doesn't ride the same, is it better or worse? In my case in my 16 Hard Rock, my lift made it ride a million times better, and even better after adding the new tires/wheels.
I'm gonna get that fixed this week. As for the ride, it was smoother, I feel the bumps now. Someone told me awhile back the jeep lifted won't ride the same as the euro cars I had. Not a bad thing, just getting used to it, is all.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts