Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
01 TJ SE Auto

So the fam and I go to jump in the Jeep for an evening ride and it won’t start. The electrical kicks on (lights and everything), the fuel pump, but no click, no nothing.

Checked the battery, it’s good. I disconnected the starter switch and ran a wire from the positive post of the battery to the starter and it fired up no problem. So not the starter.

Started researching on YouTube and I’m pretty sure the problem is in the column. It’s not the key cuz I have a brand new one and it didn’t work either.

I’m thinking ignition switch actuator or the ignition switch itself.

Thoughts? I’m like a ship with no sail man.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Neutral safety switch. Put it neutral and try again.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I would suspect the actuator pins. If you have the T-10 security torx bit, you can check by pulling the ignition switch off the actuator.

If it is the actuator pins, pay attention to the shift interlock at 8 minutes. You don't want to lose that piece.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Put the Jeep in Neutral, still won’t start. I went ahead and picked up a new ignition actuator and a new ignition switch. Installing right now, I’ll give updates as I go for the next couple of hours...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would suspect the actuator pins. If you have the T-10 security torx bit, you can check but pulling the ignition switch off the actuator.

If it is the actuator pins, pay attention to the shift interlock at 8 minutes. You don't want to lose that piece.

Installing a new ignition actuator and a new ignition switch now. Can’t find the NSS.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Yes. Autos are the only ones that have the neutral safety switch. Manuals have a clutch safety switch.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts