Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited just hit 25,000 miles. Looking at some tips on things to lookout for and check.

Its stock except for 35 inch tires and flat fenders.

Some issues:
- Soooo many squeaks and rattles when
- lots of shuddering when going over bumps

I took a look at the maintenance checklist, but is there anything else outside of that I should look for?

Also is there somewhere I can find which bolts in the suspension need to be checked and made sure they are torqued properly.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
242 Posts
How long do you plan to keep it? If over 100k miles I would do the following now (assuming you have been doing regular engine oil changes):

- replace front and rear differential fluid
- replace transmission fluid (and filter if automatic)
- replace transfer case fluid
- replace air filter

As far as nuts and bolts there is not anything specific although if it were me I would take a look underneath with a strong flashlight to make sure everything is ok, especially if you regularly take it off-road. If you don't know your way around the chassis and suspension, or what to look for, ask a friend to help.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Check all the axle seals... mine went in < 1 year and the mechanic said he's seen a lot of them. Check for slop in the ball joints... mine had no grease in them and were clunking... he greased them but said they'll probably need to be replaced.

There is no check list for bolts, but your main ones are easy to find, as they are all huge and visible... though not all easy to get a wrench on. Track bar is the only one that will make things explode if it's loose...

There isn't much to wear out really... front-end steering bits... brakes... If you are doing your fluids it's pretty much just drive until something breaks...

·
GOT DOORS?
568 Posts
If you don't wheel, tow or beat the crap out of it; no need to change the diff, transfer case or transmission fluids now IMO.

There should be no squeaks, clunks or other noises. One common irritation that sounds like suspension is a loose brake pedal.

My wife's 2010 went almost 100,000 miles before trading it in. No noises at all. Her 2017, has the brake pedal rattle like mine. I used the bungee cord method to fix that.

My 2012 has 64,000 miles, and the only squeak I hear is coming from an aftermarket rear sway bar from grease that was NOT applied to the bushings during installation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts