Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys my jeep sounds like a riding lawn mower and has lost power when runs missing real bad on many cylinders and on 6 i cant remember all the codes i had from it but hasn't ran since july and paying on it every month could use some help to get it going i can run the codes agin in the next day or two and post them as well thanks any help will be nice :confused:

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,690 Posts
Yeah...need a LOT more info than just "sounds like a riding mower and it's missing real bad"...

Try giving us the following:

Year
Engine
Transmission (just in case)

The best description as you can of the problem...and all the codes it's throwing once you pull them again.

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,690 Posts
It's all good...we're not trying to be mean, just trying to help:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well it looks like i will be replacing the cam and lifters once more with only 10 k on them and there is less then 60 k on it and it has no codes on it i put a battierie back in it and tried to see if there were any and there wasnt even a code history but needless to say me and the guy that helps me out came over we tried it ended up pulling the valve cover and it is the 1st cylinder and the last time it flatend the cam and lifters any ideas on what would cause that i try not to go past three grand and it red lines at five any help?

·
Registered
908 Posts
Does it sound like a john deere or more like a cub cadet?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Punctuation. Just an occasional period or two might be good.

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
TjTheo said:
Does it sound like a john deere or more like a cub cadet?
Rofl : banghead:

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
the last time it flatend the cam and lifters any ideas on what would cause that i try not to go past three grand and it red lines at five any help?
somebody doesn't know how to install a cam and you don't know how to run high ZDDP oil. :banghead:

the cam must be installed with the proper lube, and you need to pull the head to do it. you should also replace all the lifters, pushrods and valve springs while you've got the head off. the valve springs must be matched to the cam duration...or you'll wreck the cam.

if you've got a 05-06 model, then your cam isn't getting enough oil due to the oil pump drive recall. all of them are defective and Jeep is paying for the install of the new parts, including rebuilding your motor if it caused a cam failure.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hay that is a bad thing lol the last name sounds like some one i went through basic training are you in the air force and went through last spring

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
somebody doesn't know how to install a cam and you don't know how to run high ZDDP oil. :banghead:

the cam must be installed with the proper lube, and you need to pull the head to do it. you should also replace all the lifters, pushrods and valve springs while you've got the head off. the valve springs must be matched to the cam duration...or you'll wreck the cam.

if you've got a 05-06 model, then your cam isn't getting enough oil due to the oil pump drive recall. all of them are defective and Jeep is paying for the install of the new parts, including rebuilding your motor if it caused a cam failure.
i was running a high synthetic in it and i have done this once and i don't have the money were do i find this recall and what i need to have to get it taken care of and the guy that helped me is a mechanic for a living we did all that you said and more it sucked just to have it happen once more

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
pipkern05 said:
i went to basic training and was wondering if it was you i lost his contact info he wrote down i think the name he went by was jake or some thing like that if not sorry for the confusion
Oh lol well I'm jack not Jake

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
If it looks like this:

or this:

It may actually BE a mower.

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
erickpl said:
If it looks like this:

or this:

It may actually BE a mower.
That mini jeep is pretty awesome

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well thanks for all the help but i have gotten no were on this the dealership and chrystler dont want to play nice and mine dont fall under the vin i need to get the problems fixed so 82 bucks down the drain to be told it is my lifters duuuh i knew that so any help were i can find a good deal on cam lifters and the works for my 05 wrangler

1 - 20 of 20 Posts