Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some videos of the sounds my jeep makes. I posted most of these 6 or 7 months ago and still have the same problems. Nothing has quit working on me yet so my fingers are crossed. Hope someone recognizes one or all of these sounds and can send me in the right direction so I can get rid of them. Thanks :)
Strange jeep tj startup sound take two - YouTube
Jeep wrangler weird cold startup sound - YouTube
Jeep wrangler tj strange sound - YouTube
Jeep wrangler tj mystery click 2 - YouTube
Jeep wrangler tj mystery click - YouTube

·
Registered
210 Posts
It's hard to tell. Sounds like ur AC blower motor. Was ur AC or heater on? Do u know where the sound is coming from? Like what area of the jeep? Random sounds mean nothing without context.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Like the previous poster said....tell us what you have turned on, turned off, and exactly what you are doing during each sound. I realize the first few are starting the engine, but is the AC on (ie compressor engaged.....if so, turn it off).)
I don't hear any "mystery click" on the last two....just something like a slight downshift "whine" (you have an automatic transmission?)
Jeeps are noisy....I didn't hear anything that would cause me concern.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry I should have explained it better it was late and forgot. The first two are vids of a sound that only happens we the temp is bellow 55 deg. I think it might be an idler pulley(does that make sense?). The third is a tapping sound I get when in reverse ( most of the time) the vid is my auto trans in reverse then changing from it to other gears then back. I had a similar sound happen but it was from the heater and I fixed it. It was almost the exact same sound. . The heater is not on in any of the vids and have no ac. The last 2 vidsis a click I get when the trans downshifts to 1st gear just before you get the whine sound of the trans you should be able to hear a click. I can hear it on my iPhone loud and clear but I know what to listen to lol:). Thanks for the replies and sorry for the delay for the info.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well come on now someone has to have an idea! Lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
I can't really make out the sound that is upon startup... although, I did hear a sound that my engine is making-- kinda like a chirp every now and then... If you end up figuring it out, let me know!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will defiantly do so. The start up sound is a kind of whine it should be loud enough to hear on the inside

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
Possilby the centrifugal fan making a slight noise or an idler pulley, or the serpentine belt. any of these may make a whistle or whirring sound, but none are serious, just annoying at times, especially when talking on your cell phone while driving!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Possilby the centrifugal fan making a slight noise or an idler pulley, or the serpentine belt. any of these may make a whistle or whirring sound, but none are serious, just annoying at times, especially when talking on your cell phone while driving!
Haha it only happens on days bellow about 55 degrees and only in start up once its started everything's fine except the downshift click and they annoying rattling

Thanks for the replies guys keep me coming!

·
Registered
210 Posts
U should just take ur jeep to a mechanic all we are doing is just randomly saying what we think it is. In the long run u are just going to be spending money on stuff we think it is. Go to a jeep dealership and just see what they say. They don't have to fix it for u but at least they can tell u what's going on. But hey if u want to waste money on stuff we think it is. I say change the brake lol just kidding.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
U should just take ur jeep to a mechanic all we are doing is just randomly saying what we think it is. In the long run u are just going to be spending money on stuff we think it is. Go to a jeep dealership and just see what they say. They don't have to fix it for u but at least they can tell u what's going on. But hey if u want to waste money on stuff we think it is. I say change the brake lol just kidding.
:rofl:I see we have a comedian on our hands! I know none of the stuff is serious I'm just looking to see if anyone has the same thing and if they have fixed it. Not really looking for what people think it is but seems like that's how this is working anyway lol. That and I really don't want to pay a mechanic to just look at it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts