Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just some pictures I found while clearing out my photobucket account from the day I brought the Jeep home to its current state. Along the way my kids and a friend of my girlfriend named it MAXIMUS. Just thought I would share my JK adventure from basic looking to its current look. I would like to see what everyone thinks and thank everyone for the help over the time from great tips on the forum.
Nothing crazy like a lot of the awesome JK's here but I am happy and it no longer looks like a common grocery getter. I had to keep it road worthy since it is a daily driver but I wanted a little more edge to it for being trail worthy as well. The ride is excellent with the lift, much smoother then stock.

All of this was over a period of about a yr and I know it was a slow process for me to get here with it but like I said I am happy. I also changed a few things inside but I didn't take pics of that stuff. Everything was installed by myself with the help of a friend for the lift.

I plan to either do a winch or flat fenders next, just have to pay off the bills first.

day 1

A couple weeks later removed the hardtop to paint inside it, installed Spiderweb shade, removed all factory decals and put on Gadsden decals.

also new tires, dynapro's

Painted all the silver/shiny things black and the hinges

installed the Olympic rock front bumper and light bar (summer 2013)

MAXIMUS is born, along with Bestop trek top NX(spring 2014)

Got sick of the alloy looking wheels and installed the Olympic rock rear bumper (spring 2014)

Blacked out wheels

2"+ Rancho sport lift kit installed as it sits today.....

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

I painted the inside with krylon fusion I think it was called. Just cleaned it really good and taped everything off that I didn't want painted. Came out great and still looks great.

The bug deflector was on when I bought it so I can't speak on how it was before but seems to keep small rocks and bugs off the front end as well as the windshield.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts