Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was stopped on a busy street and left some some space ahead of me for oncoming traffic to turn left (my right) into the strip mall entrance. I'm in the left lane and the right lane was much shorter, with no car next to me.

An oncoming car started to slow down to turn in front of me but was driving slow due to poor vision of the right lane next to me. At about the same time, I see a Jeep passing and he waves. Without thinking, I instantly wave back and the other car thinks I'm waving him through. He starts going and I honk as fast as I can. He stopped in front of me, just short of entering the right lane, and a car in the right lane drives right past him.

I never trust someone waving me through in that situation, but I guess he trusted me. LOL.

Careful out there! Maybe the tail end of his car no would've hit my Jeep if he got hit.

·
Registered
230 Posts
As someone who drives for a living, I see this stuff almost everyday. And when Im off as well. Almost got side-swiped earlier. Coming out of a markets parking lot. There are 3 lanes left = left turn, middle = left or go straight, right = right turn. I choose middle to make left turn as it was the shortest. And because I shop at this market every-other-weekend, I know to be alert of idiots. Well light turns green, and of course car parallel to me on my left drifts completely over into my lane so I honk the horn on the Rubi and scare the life out of them as I swerve to my right (Thankfully no car there). Well the old farts both give me a 1 fingered wave like it was my fault. Im starting to think I should buy my groceries elsewhere. Or use the left lane.? 🤷‍♂️

1 - 2 of 2 Posts