Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i just bought my jeep for 2000 at a small dealership and it wont start. i have replaced plugs, wires, and alternator and still no spark. plz help!

·
Registered
547 Posts
take it back. how long ago did you buy it?

Where in NY are you

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
Check the battery cables, if corroded enough the Jeep wont start. Did you have the battery tested?

·
Registered
547 Posts
i mean if you just bought withing the last i believe it is 90 days for NY, the dealer has to fix it.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
What exactly is it doing? will it crank and just not fire? If it is not getting spart at the coil it could be the ignitian control module.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
niether. grew up here. And the jeep is at my dads house so ill let u guys know more about whats goin on tomorrow. My dad has been working on it so ill let u know what else has been replaced.
ok, its a 95 4cyl and so far cap, rotor, plugs, wires, battery, serp belt,and alternator. The pcm is not getting a signal from the crank sensor but the sensor is working fine so its prob. just some corroded wires im thinkin.

·
Registered
4 Posts
bit of humor

Story 1 - My buddy bought a jeep that "wouldn't start" for $400. When he got towed home, he put it all the way in park...started right up.:doh:

Story 2 -I replaced my gas tank, filled up, let my sister use my jeep for the drive in movies...next day wouldn't start. Changed dist cap and wires. Tried a few more things, and nothing. Had it towed to garage, mechanic tried a few more things ($130 worth) still nothing. He put $5 in gas in it...started right up. :doh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts