Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After running it on a short trip i completely take my key out and all the elctrical will shut down and the steering wheel will lock corectly but my engine will stay running for about a minute or two then shut off. What should i check for?

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I believe your tumblers, in your ignition switch, are worn out. The only fix, is to replace your ignition switch, or just live with it, the way it is.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am considering the kill switch option but where do i find a new ignition tumbler thingy and how hard is that to install?

·
Registered
316 Posts
if the tumblers were worn out it doesnt seem like it would work at all, have you been messing with your timing, if its to retarded i believe it will cuase your problem

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I havnt messed with any timing, it starts up fine, but sometimes the engine dosnt shut off, if i wiggle the key in the ignition a lil bit it will turn off. But its getting better, If it gives me problems in the future ill look into it further

·
Registered
366 Posts
hmm so like stalling your jeep out good idea kinda hard on the clutch.. if you find that its not a problem with your ignition switch, I would check and see if your loosing power to the ecu. if not then you have a turbo timer, free

1 - 11 of 11 Posts