Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
For starters, I will NEVER buy from Crutchfield again. They do NOT honor their return policy or warranties. That being said, I'm in need of a complete rewiring of ALL speakers in the Jeep. 6 total. The fronts are currently not working at all. The ones in the sound bar sound distorted as hell. They crackle big time when I go over bumps. I have new tweeters waiting to be installed when the rest of this dumpster fire is addressed. This is clearly a project way over my head. Does anybody in the central Indiana area have some connects to a car audio person who won't charge me a ridiculous amount to do a full rewire job?!?! Just looking for some advice and or connections.

Registered
I rewired because I needed a heavier gauge for the amperage my new amp puts out. That said, it鈥檚 a very easy job. Took me about an hour in my JKU. Very much a beginner project.

Premium Member
For starters, I will NEVER buy from Crutchfield again. They do NOT honor their return policy or warranties. That being said, I'm in need of a complete rewiring of ALL speakers in the Jeep. 6 total. The fronts are currently not working at all. The ones in the sound bar sound distorted as hell. They crackle big time when I go over bumps. I have new tweeters waiting to be installed when the rest of this dumpster fire is addressed. This is clearly a project way over my head. Does anybody in the central Indiana area have some connects to a car audio person who won't charge me a ridiculous amount to do a full rewire job?!?! Just looking for some advice and or connections.
I rewired all my speakers because of the new speakers and amps I was running. Why do you think you need new wires? Sound like a poor connection somewhere. Have you had anyone that is knowledgeable in car audio check it out? What was done prior to this issue? I would start there to diagnose the cause rather than start pulling wires.

Registered
Why would Crutchfield be responsible for your Jeep's current wiring? Did you not have the proper gauge wire installed for the electrical needs of your system?

^this. What鈥檚 the rest of the story here? What is it exactly that crutchfield is responsible for? What was wrong with your original wiring?

Registered
More information is needed. I鈥檝e been doing my own installs for years (using Crutchfield BTW - mostly, with no issues whatsoever) and have never had to rewire an entire system unless it was a high power or custom build. In my 鈥17 JKU, I replaced the head unit and all the speakers and used the factory wiring for the main speakers. The only wiring I added was an amp install kit for the sub.

Registered
interesting, what happened, I have used Crutchfield in the past when I did some of the audio setup on my F250 and never had any issues....please elaborate what is going on and caused the issue?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts