Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help with my personal Jeep dilemma...

I am debating two options in my head for my 2014 JKU:

Option 1: No Lift and 33's (aftermarket wheels)

Option 2: 2.5" Lift and 35's (aftermarket wheels)

Can you guys help flush out some of the pros and cons for either option you would recommend? My JKU is geared at 3.73 for your reference.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
The question u need to honestly ask yourself is...how do I plan on using my jeep.? Daily pavement pounder? Full time off road? A mix of both? What type of wheeling? I went with the 2.5" lift and 35's. Mines mostly pavement. But I'm building it for the future of trails.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I need some help with my personal Jeep dilemma... I am debating two options in my head for my 2014 JKU: Option 1: No Lift and 33's (aftermarket wheels) Option 2: 2.5" Lift and 35's (aftermarket wheels) Can you guys help flush out some of the pros and cons for either option you would recommend? My JKU is geared at 3.73 for your reference.
I feel your pain. I have been racking my brain over this same subject for days. My next problem is I can only afford to lift it right now. I can't afford new wheels and tires. Not to mention all the other stuff I want for the Jeep. Downside to just purchasing the vehicle I guess.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Lift it and go with 35's. Its a Jeep not a sports car. You can build from there. You have the 3.6 "5 Star" engine and 3.73's aren't bad. I have done it and its great and I still run 3.21's for now. It makes the Jeep look like a Jeep should in my opinion. Now don't go cheap with things but you don't need a coil over set up either. I did lots of research and after thousands of threads and hundreds of hours I decided what worked for me. Get going, summer is near.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will you be off roading? If so, what kind of terrain? What year is your JKU? Are you open to flat fenders?
I will be mostly on pavement with the occasional weekend trip to some standard dirt road trails. MY JKU is 2014 and not sure about flat fenders yet

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess because I will not be off-roading "too" much I am going for aesthetics. I guess my main concern is how well will the Jeep hold up with 35's and 3.73, what is the impact short-term and long-term. Do any of you guys run no lift and 33's? If so can I see some pictures of your rig?

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
This is the RK2.5 max travel lift with 35's. I also have 3.73 gears. Auto. It does good on the highway and pulls hills better than most cars on the road.

ForumRunner_20140430_075727.jpg

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is the RK2.5 max travel lift with 35's. I also have 3.73 gears. Auto. It does good on the highway and pulls hills better than most cars on the road.
Dusthol, so you haven't noticed any considerable performance or wear and tear issues with that setup?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Btw, what is you wheel and tire set up? Also, what brand is that fastback I've been looking for a nice one.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
I haven't had any issues with the performance of the jeep. I still have my power. The wheels are made by MB. I got them from discount tire direct. The tires are duratracs

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
315/75/16. The fastback is off road heros. It's part of the multi top. He hand makes the tops. Expect a long wait to get one.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
315/75/16. The fastback is off road heros. It's part of the multi top. He hand makes the tops. Expect a long wait to get one.
That's what I have heard. They are awesome looking though. I have heard the fastback tops don't fold down like the convertible regular soft tops, is that true?

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Here is mine with 33s and no lift from slightly different angles if that helps. I like the look a lot and have gotten a lot of complaments in the past couple of days since I got them and the Jeep.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
The top doesn't fold back. The front half rolls up to the windshield. The rest unzips and u remove the pieces.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The top doesn't fold back. The front half rolls up to the windshield. The rest unzips and u remove the pieces.[/QUOTE

That's depressing, I really like the look of the fastback but I want a soft top to be convenient to out up and down overnight when I want to drive with the top off. I guess the fastback wouldn't be best suited for that

·
Registered
107 Posts
Here is mine with 33s and no lift from slightly different angles if that helps. I like the look a lot and have gotten a lot of complaments in the past couple of days since I got them and the Jeep.

Any issues with rubbing when offroad?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts