Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I see people doing a build thread and now I feel left out cause I didnt start one when I first got my Jeep, I'm just glad I took pictures of everything I have done to it. So this is it, it will be an on going process and likely it will nener end lol. But I knew that when I bought the Jeep.

Heres what I started with on 4/15/2011:

The only Issue I had was that it was basically set up as a 2 seater, tho I liked the look it wasnt going to happen for me since I have a wife and 2 kids that ride in it almost daily. So the first thing to go was the top. I went with the Rampage frameless top since I loved the frameless "Fastback" look and the fact that I can take the windows off and store them in the top and bring them with me.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
:popcorn: I got first row for the show!!!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Next was the Lift. Stupid me I went the cheap route and got a skyjacker 4" budget lift $499 was a good price but you get what you pay for >< Not that I hate the lift but the components feel kinda wishy washy to me.

That went on 4/23/2011:

Theres my buddy Sean Rieder putting the lift on while I polish his boat. Isnt bartering a great thing? We had alot of trouble with the drop pittman arm, and now that I found the forums and started reading them most people say dont even change it out... oh well lesson learned I guess.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Great ride! I love looking at your jeep in other threads. Now I just have to come here! Lets see some pictures without those ugly street tires!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea ikr lol. That didnt last long May 11th 2011 and $1100 later I got my new Mickey Thompson MTZ 35x12.5x15's I was lucky enough to get a blemished set from Fortec 4x4 here in Pompano Beach FL If you ever go there talk to Matt Meyer, he is a great guy and goes way out of his way to make everyone happy.

Saw my Jeep like this and glad i snapped a pic cause it makes me laugh every time I see it lol:

Huge difference in lift just from adding the tires. heres a full pic of all 4 tires on:

After adding the tires and lift I had to change the name to (Not so) Lil' Yeller lol

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BTW the "Ambulance" in the background is the company I work for called the Boat MD. We do yacht detailing, polishing, and waxing. Yea, working outside in South Florida is rough and I'm super gald I got a Wrangler, it gives me a chance to air out a bit before I get home.

·
Registered
314 Posts
One nice looking rig...

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Next to go on were the Bumpers. Picked up the Smittybilt SRC front and rear with tire carrier. I liked how the tube style bumpers look and didnt want anything that was plain and simple, cause thats just not how I do things lol. Also got the Hi-Lift at the same time and was going to put it on my hood but I bought the dern 60" jack and it was too big so I built a mount for it on the front bumper using the existing fog light tabs.

on 6/5/11 it went from:

To:

To:

Was very glad to get that heavy 35 off my tailgate before it did any real damage to it.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
This was the color I was originally wanting.... beautiful Jeep.... Nice job!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Decided to try out soft doors for a while I hated them... They were a pain to close and didnt keep water out. Plus they didnt really work with the styling of the Jeep imo.

I suppose they looked ok but not my cup of tea. Got the eagle eye driving lights around the same time with the rugged ridge windshield brackets and RR quick release mirrors. I decided to make the mirrors permanent cause I broke the driver side mirror off the hard doors, and before you ask yes you can see perfectly out of them with the doors on.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey lilyeller, I'm glad you started your own thread, I will keep tuned, my Jeep looks up to yours...By the way, I gotten alot of info from you. Thanks...:punk:

You know me, Im glad to help! I like to inspire great looking Jeeps lol

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Next came the LED Tail lights. they are Maxxima M85615R Hybrid stop, tail, turn, reverse lights. and some random 3" LED s/t/t lights.

10/23/11 (day after my birthday and I did this with one helluva hangover lol)

More angry eyes! my sons idea and it came out perfect.

Decided later on to tint them with VHT Nightshades and I think it looks great.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Now for the biggest thing that changed the entire look of the Jeep. I got tired of all the dark grey inside it and wanted it to be all black and yellow. So I went online and searched the forums and found Krylon Fusion... Great stuff when used properly, anyone who has issues with this stuff didnt prep very well cause I painted my entire interior with this stuff and I only have a few minimal scratches. I wanted 2 tone interior but didnt want to rice it out with too much. Some might say I did too much yellow but I think that Wrangler engineers must have had something similar in mind when they built the interior cause all the lines matched up perfectly.
10/28/11

Then added the seat covers from IGGEE customs. Simulated leather, Waterproof, Great fit and finish, and easy to clean. No complaints as of yet and dont expect any, havent faded or loosened up at all since the day I got them. Very happy with this purchase and would recommend these to anyone looking at seat covers, DONT GET NEOPRENE!!! they fade fast and actually retain water.

And yes I painted my sons car seat to match as per his request. He loves it now and wont let me use his other smaller seat in there ever again.

1 - 20 of 238 Posts