Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

61 - 80 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. What about a skid?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
That that the lopro set up with your cross member or what did you use? Looks pretty sweet,will you be building a flat skid around that?
Yes that is my belly up x-member. I will be building a skid plate that will bolt up to the x-member frame mounts and to the front Radius arm mounts But I will not use the skid plate unless I'm heading out for the trails.

The tube is 2x3x.250 tube and the weld on frame mounts are 3/8th" thick angle. I have been use'n 5/8th" hardware.
Next I'm working on getting the front on its' own weight to weld in the back axle mounts at the correct angle

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
That that the lopro set up with your cross member or what did you use? Looks pretty sweet,will you be building a flat skid around that?
That is not the lopro trans setup. That is the factory tranny setup with a poly mount. I cleaned it all up and painted it to match my new x-member

·
Rock-Rubber
16,971 Posts
97flexy said:
That is not the lopro trans setup. That is the factory tranny setup with a poly mount. I cleaned it all up and painted it to match my new x-member
What poly mount did you use then, that's what I was wondering.

Builds looking nice.

·
Rock-Rubber
16,971 Posts
97flexy said:
I got that from a Drag racing company, I'l try to find the shops name for ya and Thanks!
Thank you. A friend and I will be building ours in the next few months and id like to source some parts now.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Rear seat, I got it used and there is a big oil stain on it but I figure you won't see it when the seat covers go on. seat belt in and cargo rack, the seat has sliders and is fully reclinable this pics is reclined and slid all the way back.

I'l be putting in a cup holder where the Rustoleum primer is.
this picture has the back window in place.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Rear frame mounts and tubing bungs showed up yesterday, just need to finish building the axles and get the axle radius arm mounts and I'l be ready to weld the back up. Hopefully soon I'l be getting a 240V outlet so we can weld the frame up with the right size welder not the 110v MIG we've been use'n to tack everything.

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,431 Posts
Nice build! Looking forward to meeting you in a few days.

61 - 80 of 126 Posts