Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
once I got the front up on its suspension and all tightened down I found out that the axle needed to be moved forward roughly 2.5" so I took it all apart and re-hung the axle in the correct spot. not my lower coil buckets line up with my upper coil buckets/bump stops. This week I'l be working on getting the rear axle under the jeep and getting the rear end on suspension. Once the rear is on its own suspension I'l roll it out side, take some pix and start on the trac bars. This weekend I'm getting the rear arms welded. I think this swap is going to give me a 2" longer wheel base, but I'l know more on that when the 9" is under the jeep.
front arms- roughly 32"
Rear arms- roughly 36"

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
I got the jeep on its own weight and pulled it out tonight. my bumper height is roughly an inch lower then my friends TJ with a 4" lift and 33s while my belly pan is a clearance is taller then his. I like the way it looks. Now I need to get everything fully welded build the trac bars and order steering/drive shafts. Its getting closer to be drivable.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
got all my brake parts yesterday, I'l be running k5 calipers front and rear with full size ford bronco rotor and hubs up front and dodge 1500 rotors out back with custom caliper brackets. got my cho-moly steering heim joints on order and i'l be picking up my DOM for the steering next week. been doing small (cheap) side projects on the jeep while waiting on parts and funds to finish the axle swap. getting everything fully welded on the 29th by a friend with his 220V Mig

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
How hard was to hi line the stock fenders with the MCE? My Fab skills are not that good at all. Well that would be my first cutting job on the jeep and wanted to know from someone who has done it. how hard was it. any tools, parts, things i should avoid. sorry for hi jacking the thread you can PM with your answer. Cheers love were the build is going!

81 - 100 of 126 Posts