23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here is my new(to me) YJ
She is a 1995
approx~ 130,000 miles
2.5 4cyl 5sp AX-5
Dana 30 front
Dana 35 rear

I got it for $1000 which was my first offer! I could have probably got it for cheaper but I didn't expect him to budge...live and learn

The good: Runs great, no smoke or hesitations at all, great pressure, temp is perfect, descent tires, newer paint still has clear coat(which impressed me, of three jeeps this is the only one so far I could actually wax:D) minimal surface rust.

The bad: Shifts ok, needs clutch bad, no top, no back seat, has sat out in the weather for a long time with no top, needs new front seats because a years worth of rain takes its toll on a seat, driver door latch is busted, driver seat belt reciever is busted, windshield is cracked all the way through, pass fender busted up pretty good(previous owner ran it into a tree)
So she has her good and bad sides
Anyway here she is, let me know what you think.

·
Registered
876 Posts
You should think about rhino lining it when you take those seats out to put the new ones in. Other then that passenger side fender and the windshield everything looks pretty good!

And why is the number 37 on the dash?

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
And why is the number 37 on the dash?
37 is the answer to the ultimate question.
37 times it has been lost in the parking lot.
37 people have used it to "ghost ride" the whip.
37 times it has been owned.
37 times it has been involved in police chases.
37 trails it has been flipped on.
37 deer have been hit with it.
37 people have used it as a toilet.
37 hobos have slept in it at one time.
37 ******* have been shot in it. :)

Take ur pick! :)

Being silly

·
Registered
876 Posts
37 is the answer to the ultimate question.
37 times it has been lost in the parking lot.
37 people have used it to "ghost ride" the whip.
37 times it has been owned.
37 times it has been involved in police chases.
37 trails it has been flipped on.
37 deer have been hit with it.
37 people have used it as a toilet.
37 hobos have slept in it at one time.
37 ****** have been shot in it. :)

Take ur pick! :)

Being silly
Can I choose all of the above?

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Can I choose all of the above?
No the universe will explode.

Depending on how it runs it looks like you got a GREAT deal. If I was looking for a good trail rig can't beat that price even if ur using it for a dd.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right now it is my dd and the car that I am making payments on is just sitting lol. The 37 was the guys kid's basket ball number so he put it on the dash. Also not sure why he had the amber emergency light in the back either. I would really like to rhino line the entire inside. It has rained inside for a year now and heat/gauges still work just fine but I am looking for a top or just a cover but I will need a top before winter.
I plan to replace the clutch this weekend. I plan to keep it stock and put some stock size aggressive tires on it and use it for what it was intended for. It's going to be fun.

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
welcome, nice deal, i paid that or a hair more for an 87 w/ a bad motor to tear down to the frame. too bad about the fender, and no top. get a top asap. i have a never used best top replacement top laying around i dont need. i'll be leaving for attica tomorrow to.

good luck with the yj, ask questions and post updates.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts

Number of times you'll pick up chicks for having a sweet ass Jeep.

Congrats!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts