Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Special ordered from the factory while I was deployed to Africa. Got back a month ago and picked her up yesterday. LOVE it. 3rd Jeep and best one yet.

Live in Vegas, but IMHO the dealers here suck. No personal relationships at all and they couldn't care less. They figure lots of people here with money, so they aren't interested. Just my experience.

Ordered through Ken Garff Jeep in Salt Lake City, UT and a salesman named Nino. Awesome experience. I have Tread Lightly so, Affiliate pricing, but they did 2.5% under invoice, coordinated the new hood so it was ready to bolt on day they got it, etc. Nino even came and picked us up from the airport. Highly recommended if you're on the west coast.

Anyway, first new vehicle for me and I'm 40 years old. Decided to get her exactly how I wanted, so got Saddle Leather, 4.10's, remote start, Connectivity, 430Nav, Auto, and went body color top and flares (after much internal debate, live in Vegas, so color top is the way to go for heat on your skull.)

Expensive, but I went through Navy Federal Credit Union. They are pushing loans right now and I got for 1.99% for 72 months. Credit score not great after house debacle, around 720.

I was nervous of color not seeing it in person, but like everyone says, looks awesome in person. Maybe not for you, but works for me.

On to the pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Congrats!

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Straight dope.... :thumb:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all!

Only new thing coming is some Ace sliders tomorrow(?). Wasn't sure I was going to jump on the band wagon, but wanted to keep the Rubi rails, my wife is little so needed a step, and didn't want some schmuck to open a door into me in a parking lot. Cant wait!

Love to watch the post, but gonna go sit in the garage and make vroom, vroom noises, lol.

·
no retreat, no surrender
975 Posts
Colour looks great, and I love the hood! Congrats to you - you must be stoked :thumb:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Amazing. Nice choice.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I really like the AEV hood! Probably a stupid question, but will they take your old hood and give you anything for it? Or were you able to sell it for anything? I don't want to just scrap a perfectly good hood when my 2013 comes in, but I assume that is the only option?

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
I hate you so much that thing is sexy I think I would change the rubi and side stickers to black though IMO it would look good with the black hood accent

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I really like the AEV hood! Probably a stupid question, but will they take your old hood and give you anything for it? Or were you able to sell it for anything? I don't want to just scrap a perfectly good hood when my 2013 comes in, but I assume that is the only option?
Thanks man! I THINK I remember that the AEV hood from elsewhere is around $800 e-coated. Add $150ish shipping and you still have to paint. I wanted to make sure the paint was dead on (dont have the skinny on a local reliable painter), so went dealer. Dealer charges $1030 for hood only, and $1062 installed and painted. They get their offset back by keeping your brand new hood.

In a nutshell, I didnt want to mess with the logistics and wanted it on when I went to pick her up. I paid a G for the AEV hood installed, painted and decal-ed. Never saw my orginal hood. Didnt seem to far off from doing it myself.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I hate you so much that thing is sexy I think I would change the rubi and side stickers to black though IMO it would look good with the black hood accent
I debated this alot for a couple $15 stickers, lol. I'm probably the minority, but I thought the silver would look nice against the black vents and green hood. When I saw it in person, I'm glad I did. Different strokes, but I like it alot.:hide:

Cheers!

-Shayne

1 - 20 of 48 Posts