Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my baby back in October after a long 8 weeks of waiting on Detroit to complete my build. I have been a Toyota man my who life but have finally came over to the dark side. After running across this site I figured I would start my own build thread. SO here is what I'm working with: 2015 Rubicon jk,6speed manual with a few options like the navigation,hard top and waterproof sub. So far I have only done a few little mods like black jeep gas door and Ingen cold air intake. I will post some pics for yall to see.glad to be a part of the site and jeep community and if you guys have any suggestions or comments feel free to let me know.

image-1812933832.jpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a few pics from the start of my black out work.....

image-1032104160.jpg Jeep Gas Door

image-2925103145.jpg black rubicon decal instead of the stock silver

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heck ya man I was just down your way at the cabalas. Man I can't afford many more trips like that. Where do you wheel at? Have you ever been to Rush? Down by Ashland.Its probably a good haul for you but definitely a favorite of mine.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have lived on the west coast did some there and Texas. Me and my girlfriend are in build process on both our jeeps now. We made a trip back to the left coast in October and building for Daytona Jeep Beach we are going to in April. Mostly since I have been back here I have just been on some farms and hunting. Not as much here as I had in California and Texas. But since we just got some major work behind us we going to try to hit more of the OHV places next month

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hell ya man well if you get a chance there is the 24th annual GSMTR may 4-May 9. It's at windrock park in northern Tennessee. Gonna be a hell of an event if you get a chance.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Hey! Nice Jeep! I have one very similar to it. Looking forward to following your mods. Headed into Eddyville, KY, this morning to do more work on mine. Keep the pics coming.... CG

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Almost none. Any hp gain will be super marginal.
I will have to check the dyno results again but I think it was a 8.25hp gain at like 5200rpm. So really unless your thumping the gas it not really a gain. I however did not get it for a HP gain I put it in for a little added engine space, ease of cleaning and maintenance, cost of replacing stock filters and the mini MPG gain. Surprisingly is a 1.5mpg gain. (Off highway) and of course the pretty looks :) it may take a while to pay itself off but it will look and sound good while I'm doing it lol.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I will have to check the dyno results again but I think it was a 8.25hp gain at like 5200rpm. So really unless your thumping the gas it not really a gain. I however did not get it for a HP gain I put it in for a little added engine space, ease of cleaning and maintenance, cost of replacing stock filters and the mini MPG gain. Surprisingly is a 1.5mpg gain. (Off highway) and of course the pretty looks :) it may take a while to pay itself off but it will look and sound good while I'm doing it lol.

Thanks for the honest answer - I see this upgrade on alot of builds and just wasn't sure why everyone was doing it. So I'll put this money towards an SPOD :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lol that's classic! I had a mouse chew my plug wires off of an old race car I had. Took a while to find that one. They can't get into this intake solid metal all the way around. Buy the way I checked out your tank rubi.... VERY nice ride man I'm jealous. I'm definitely gonna steal some of your ideas on mods.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts