Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

My new addiction...killing rust!

1845 8
So I picked up a needle scaler a week or two ago at Harbor Freight...can't believe the results for a $20 tool! I started off with the brake drums in the rear. Went at each one for around 10 minutes, then sprayed with a few coats of high-temp rustoleum and they looked like brand new! I moved onto the piece of metal that covers the gas tank...again, 20 minutes and a few coats of paint later looked like brand new!...somehow I think the whole underside of my car will be needle scaled and painted within the next week or so...:punk::dance:

Just wanted to post on here to make sure that there aren't any problems I'm overlooking! Don't worry, I wont be painting any exhaust or anything else that gets hot. I know the surfaces I'm painting on are plenty clean and smooth after the needle scaler...so anyone have any big objections to spraying the car to get rid of rust for a while? Thanks!

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
That is a hot tip never heard of that tool aand it sounds like it maakes quick work of something everyone does to their YJ. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sure does! For those who don't know, a needle scaler is basically a tool that runs off of compressed air (at least all the ones I've used), and it has a bunch of little metal rods that pulse back and forth at a few thousand beats per minute...it really is an excellent tool for getting almost any crud you can imagine off of metal. Leaves you with a nice, smooth clean surface thats perfect for painting on with minimal effort.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.