Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I got nothin'
Joined
·
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some shots of my new front bumper! I think the next step is going to be flat fenders and comp cut rear corners!



 

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
Joined
·
7,760 Posts
Did you make that? Or is it Spyders? Damn that thing sure does stick out far. It's like your jeep is sticking it's tongue out. :D
 

·
I got nothin'
Joined
·
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not me, but I had a shop fab it up for me... Sticks out a little, but the size/shape will save the radiator in a roll. The weight would be taken on that and the windshield frame...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
I think that thing would buckle under the weight of the Jeep in the event of a rollover. I believe most functional stingers have more reinforcment then just being bolted to the frame. :confused:
 

·
I got nothin'
Joined
·
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
U.S.MarineLJ said:
I think that thing would buckle under the weight of the Jeep in the event of a rollover. I believe most functional stingers have more reinforcment then just being bolted to the frame. :confused:
I agree, in a perfect world, it would/will be tied to the cage in some way... Also on the list of things to do...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Looks good, but what is the point of the bar at the top with the light tab?

Also, FWIW, PS comp stingers tie into the front upper coil spring bucket mounts for support. It will definitely not hold up if front pressure is put on it without any support.
 

·
I got nothin'
Joined
·
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tweba99 said:
Looks good, but what is the point of the bar at the top with the light tab?

Also, FWIW, PS comp stingers tie into the front upper coil spring bucket mounts for support. It will definitely not hold up if front pressure is put on it without any support.
Point of the bar is twofold - to make sure the strap doesn't slide down the side on steep climbs (people, not vehicles attached to the other end) and for a quick place to hook the winch hook when on the trail (yes, it will get a winch). And it's actually a flag tab, not a light tab. When you go to the dunes on the other side of the state, they require a tall orange flag.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
jeeperman said:
Point of the bar is twofold - to make sure the strap doesn't slide down the side on steep climbs (people, not vehicles attached to the other end) and for a quick place to hook the winch hook when on the trail (yes, it will get a winch). And it's actually a flag tab, not a light tab. When you go to the dunes on the other side of the state, they require a tall orange flag.

I would NOT hook a winch to the end of that stinger, even if you had frame tie ins. I would think that would be an accident waiting to happen. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
I like it man! It's yours not anyone elses. Kinda off the subject but what size are your MTRs and do you like them? What kinda mileage do you get? I am looking for some new tires to go with my new lift.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top