Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got on the lathe today and made me an adapter for my new knob then chopped the stick so it would fit.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Very Special.....

·
Registered
78 Posts
I would Love to have a Schlitz beer one but that is cool

·
Registered
25 Posts
my shifter knob keeps hitting my consule. i would just changed the knob but i cant get it to screw off.. idk what the person who owned it b4 me did to it but my other solution is to heat up the bend of the stick and just bend it to where it wont hit anymore?

this all changed after my 4' lift. i understand there is a link or plate i can buy but i dont want to spend money buying one of those

·
Registered
122 Posts
Does this change up your throws while shifting? Like is it a lot different/harder/easier than the regular ball? I'm assuming you'd just get used to it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Here's mine!

ForumRunner_20120116_160342.jpg

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
my shifter knob keeps hitting my consule. i would just changed the knob but i cant get it to screw off.. idk what the person who owned it b4 me did to it but my other solution is to heat up the bend of the stick and just bend it to where it wont hit anymore?

this all changed after my 4' lift. i understand there is a link or plate i can buy but i dont want to spend money buying one of those
Yes you can heat and bend the bar. I may do mine a little bit. My 3rd and 5th gear is a lil far to reach.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Does this change up your throws while shifting? Like is it a lot different/harder/easier than the regular ball? I'm assuming you'd just get used to it.

honesty I like it better. I feels "lighter" to me, 3rd and 5th are a lil far to reach, but are do able. I am gonna heat up the bar and bend it a little towards me, but not too much bc then 2nd and 3rd would be at my side lol.

If ya'll are so interested in this, I am more than welcome to start making them and selling them. Let me know what ya'll think and I will post an add in the for sale side....

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Gotta love that shifter :thumb:

I had to add to mine after the body lift, and bent it by heating it up with an acetelyne torch. Works perfect.The pics are in the neutral position sorry for the quality, I took them with my phone the next day. I really like the shifter as high as it is

Attachments

·
Registered
553 Posts
I am trying to talk my wife into letting me get this one:

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I was thinking hard about making a Samaurai sword handle for mine. Heyyyyyyyyyaaa:p

1 - 20 of 27 Posts