Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Spiderweb Shade for my JKU came in the mail yesterday. No problems installing it at, after all it is very simple. Am I missing something obvious though? When putting the soft top back up are others removing the short spider ball bungees like in my pic?

·
Registered
81 Posts
When I have the soft top and the SWS on I usually take the short spider-balls off and keep them on the E-brake handle.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
They are worth every penny. I resisted buying one for a long time, but now that I have I don't know how I went topless without it. Especially in Florida. No more sunburn and practically no sweating, even at stoplights.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just got a 4door sws from a WF member...going to install when the hardtop comes off and soft top goes on...can't wait!!!

·
Registered
546 Posts
i just got one this weekend while at the Big Bear Jamboree...great product..I leave my "spidey balls" on the shade itself at the latch point when the roof is on just like in the Op's pic. it is a great product..I am a fair skined old man and it really does make the difference of being sun beat at the end of the day or not..I really like it
Cameron

·
Registered
452 Posts
Either way you do it, it'll be fine. I don't like my balls to be dangling everywhere so I put them in the center console or around the e-brake.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I like to let my balls hang free. So I left them just like you have it. I'd rather not lose them and the sun visor hides them for the most part.

·
Registered
372 Posts
It is possible to reattach them to the footman loop even with the latch there. I've done it both ways. If my top is staying on for more than a week or so, I go ahead and put them back on just to make the shade fit nice and snug.

By the way, your SpiderBalls in the front corners can be stretched over the plastic part on top of the rail and hidden. They kinda lock in to these little gap areas in the plastic. It also helps make the corners fit a little tighter, eliminating a bit of the flapping when the top is off. :)

Enjoy!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
By the way, your SpiderBalls in the front corners can be stretched over the plastic part on top of the rail and hidden. They kinda lock in to these little gap areas in the plastic. It also helps make the corners fit a little tighter, eliminating a bit of the flapping when the top is off. :)

Enjoy!!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
My Spiderweb Shade for my JKU came in the mail yesterday. No problems installing it at, after all it is very simple. Am I missing something obvious though? When putting the soft top back up are others removing the short spider ball bungees like in my pic?
This is how mine looks right now. Some people say they can leave it all attached...I don't see how or why you'd bother.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Any idea why there are two holes in the center of the shade (one a little bit off center)? I only have oine spider ball for that section.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Any idea why there are two holes in the center of the shade (one a little bit off center)? I only have oine spider ball for that section.

I wondered the same thing.

Maybe the loop was in a different position on earlier models so Spiderweb made the 2 holes for a universal fit?

·
Registered
823 Posts
I wondered the same thing.

Maybe the loop was in a different position on earlier models so Spiderweb made the 2 holes for a universal fit?
Bingo. I believe in 2011 they moved the location of the loop slightly to the left.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts