Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my 15' Willys two weeks ago and I already had a list of mods I wanted to do like I had in the past with my TJs. I have to say though, after owning it a little while, Ive already ditched my plans! I never thought I would say it, but I really like how it looks from the factory already.

Only mods so far are Bartact seat covers and a Rock Hard 4x4 oil pan/ trans skid. Im toying with the idea of a winch on the factory bumper and that is about it!

Attachments

·
Registered
293 Posts
ive had mine two weeks as well and you just stole my thunder. I have the same color and was beginning to think I had the only white jk willies out there. lol love it just the way it is

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Good on you!

I see so many people in a rush to drop 3 or 5 grand on mods. Take your stock ride out for a spin. Give the factory stuff a chance.

Only expensive mod for me, so far, is the 2 inch lift. Everything else is stuff, like your seat covers, to make it more comfortable or to add protection and functionality.

I had big plans, too. 10 months in and the deck is considerably shuffled from those days.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Great as is - we have the willy jku and love the look and stock capability - it will go anywhere. All my mods have been practical ones from my perspective = added hitch, some sill guards (the stick on kind), rear seat recline kit, trek armors in the front are going in tomorrow with the one non practical mod for my wife (seat heaters). I have though thought about that oil/trans skid plate and today i shot most of the undercarriage with fluid film for winter. I thought i would do nothing to it when i ordered it - that lasted five minutes. ENJOY-

·
Registered
409 Posts
Like you, I love my Jeep. I've crawled (the 1st trip with a Jeep Vet to show me the ropes and the capability of our stock Jeeps) and earned over a dozen stinkin Badges of Honor with my stock Rubi. The only mods thus far is some more armor underneath.

See ya on the Trail!!!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Took my stock Willys Wheeler on an "easy" trail this weekend for the first time. That trail is the most I would ever try to tackle and the Willys handled it without any problem. I'm leaving that baby as is. The only thing I'm planning on is an electric hard top hoist and an audio/NAV upgrade.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I stayed stock for 13 months. I was denting too many skids and removing paint from control arms, so I finally caved and ordered a lift. I agree that the way they come from the factory has more offroad capability than most will ever use.

·
Supporting Vendor
764 Posts
I purchased my 15' Willys two weeks ago and I already had a list of mods I wanted to do like I had in the past with my TJs. I have to say though, after owning it a little while, Ive already ditched my plans! I never thought I would say it, but I really like how it looks from the factory already.

Only mods so far are Bartact seat covers and a Rock Hard 4x4 oil pan/ trans skid. Im toying with the idea of a winch on the factory bumper and that is about it!
Thank you for running our skid plate! Winch on OEM bumper?

Done.
Jeep JK Winch Plates and Light Mounts

·
Super Moderator
15,371 Posts
Im toying with the idea of a winch on the factory bumper and that is about it!

Not the first time I've heard that one :D BUT once that winch is on you're going to want a little lift to compensate for the sag. Then some bigger tires, then bumpers, etc, etc. It's like crack I tell you!!!!!!

Jeep looks good :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
21,983 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
764 Posts
I am curious why you always show your winch/control box opposite of everyone else? I am sure you have a reason but seems strange if for no other reason than running the wires to the battery would be tougher.
No particular reason - in the videos it's situated the other way.

·
Super Moderator
21,983 Posts

Looks great but would look even better with a 2" lift oh yea.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts