Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new 2014 JK unfortunately has the 13/53 spring combo. I'm ordering from DTD my 33's on a 15x8. Question is am I better off getting some 3/4" or 1" spacers- or some 19/59 JKU take offs? Or a leveling kit? Keeping stock bumpers for now. Any inexpensive "kits" suggested? I'm liking the factory ride. Thanks for the help. She's my
DD and will wheel lightly on trails with the kids on the weekends. Nothing too nuts.

·
Registered
907 Posts
My new 2014 JK unfortunately has the 13/53 spring combo. I'm ordering from DTD my 33's on a 15x8. Question is am I better off getting some 3/4" or 1" spacers- or some 19/59 JKU take offs? Or a leveling kit? Keeping stock bumpers for now. Any inexpensive "kits" suggested? I'm liking the factory ride. Thanks for the help. She's my
DD and will wheel lightly on trails with the kids on the weekends. Nothing too nuts.
Man that's a tossup, but I think if you have to pull it apart anyways I'd go with the take off springs. Nice and simple,those 13/53 springs are pretty weak.

·
Super Moderator
16,460 Posts
The JKU take offs are soo inexpensive off of Craigslist, 18/59's are common, it is hard not to suggest giving them a go. And you can still do a 1/2 spacer on either end if needed to get the look/ride height you wanted.

Grab some red Rubi take off shocks while you are at it. Probably get all the lift you need for 33's on a 2dr.

Cheers.

·
Registered
874 Posts
A set of 18/59s or 19/60s from Craigslist would be nearly free and 90 minutes to swap out in your garage if you have a buddy and some jack stands. I think they'd be a great "in between" until you decide on a lift.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
I agree with the suggestions above. Most of the cost of those two options is the labor (even if its your time). You might as well go with the coils and a spacer to level it. You need the extra room of front for wheel travel.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Agree. Went from 14/55 to 18/60. I have aftermarket bumpers front and rear and still gained 2 - 2.5 ". Also added Rubicon shocks. 2010 JK Sport 2 door and a DD. No other parts and very satisfied.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I agree with the suggestions above. Most of the cost of those two options is the labor (even if its your time). You might as well go with the coils and a spacer to level it. You need the extra room of front for wheel travel.
And I thought that I was the only person around here who put a value on their own time! Thanks, you unintentionally made my day!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts