Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
There are giant absorbent pads under the carpet in the footwells that just love holding water.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Mold is not a good thing to breath in.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have shampooed my home and vehicle carpets/seats with white vinegar/water mixture for years. its cheap and kills the bio-ickys. yes smells like vinegar til it evaporates but cleans very well. even in my boat after ***** moved in and used it as a rest room I power washed the fecal matter away then used a vinegar/water mixture in a lawn sprayer and soaked everything down. then soaked it down again the next day. day 3 I rinsed it well and no more smell. had mice move in to the hvac system in a car and make a nest in the blower. pulled the blower and removed the nest and vacuumed as far in as I could. still had a smell. so with the blower fan running I sprayed a vinegar water mixture into the HVAC intake and let it go through the system....switching from floor to vent to defrost to cover the entire air duct system....no more rodent smell. it would help to try and find exactly where the smell is coming from to figure out exactly what to do. my main point is vinegar can kill rodent and mildew type smells.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I have heard of instances of small animals getting stuck in vehicles and dying, with predictably odiferous results.
A few years ago, I had a car that developed a funky smell. Then one day I opened the glove compartment and there was a dead mouse... decomposing and oozing into all my papers..

Could be that some small animal died in your Jeep. If it smells kind of like meat gone bad, then it might be worth checking out all the nooks and crannies for a dead critter.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts