Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..you can help save her?

I've got a '92 Cherokee, picked her up at an auction a while back. Not the prettiest of girls, but she handles anything I throw at her.

But lately she's been giving me signs that she's getting a bit tired. And rather than take her to a shop and pay $200/hr to be looked at THEN "fixed", I thought I'd bring my questions to you.

1. NO RADIO. I forgot my dome light on on Saturday, jumped and charged her up Sunday, started her this morning (Monday), NO RADIO. It lights up just fine, but won't turn on. Won't accept my iPhone cassette adapter (yea, lol, cassette..), and does nothing when I push the POWER button.

Any ideas?

2. NO HEAT. I suspect it's both a mechanical issue and the fan.. she wheezes pretty bad when she's had enough. It'll run fine, then randomly she'll make the loudest creepiest noise, like a dying fog horn, and seize up. It'll also happen when I hit a bump. But it's completely random otherwise, and 3x out of 10, she'll work just fine. Never on MAX though, just low. HELP?! It's -20 here. :eek:

I'll leave it at that for now.

PS HI AMANDA, in case you see this ;) :wavey:

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
for the heater, it might be the resistor switch, I know that's an issue in the TJ's.

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
Check the fuse for the radio. Does it have it's own fuse in the wiring? You might have fried it if it was on when you jump started it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cherokeeforum.com

Might get more help over here since you have a Cherokee
I post on there as well. But I was referred to this site as it's a little more common, and used by a vast majority of Jeep owners, from Wagoneers to Rag Tops.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
K. Radio fixed.
Figured out what I need to fix my heater.
Just a matter of figuring out how to do it myself :(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In regards to the radio, I've NO clue. My co worker took a peek at her..we checked the fuses and they all looked fine. He pressed the power button on my stereo, and of course..... it worked. Did we do anything to fix it? Nope. Bloody thing was just PMS'ing, I guess.

The issue with the heater appears to be the blower motor.. I need a new one. He said "any dummy can do it"... but I'm wondering if I'm a special dummy that can't? I guess I'll youtube and see if it's possible, but with my luck, I'll have to tear my dash apart.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts