Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
you couldn't get it at a parts store, or hardware store?

·
Genius
20,965 Posts
wow this thread is old =D

painted the d44 with satin black rustoleum

unbolted and pulled the d35

got my diff covers and painted em satin green rustoleum

the diff covers look sexxy =D

oh and i did the brights/fogs mod that everyone was doing 2 weeks ago

in two weeks ill be heading up to cedar point (ohio) and on the way back home ill be picking up my hp dana 30 =D

im not quite done doing the d44 swap.. i broke a bolt and i gotta go to the dealership tomorrow to see if they got one.. its pretty much all in except 1 upper control arm bolt, the shocks, trackbar, and new brake pads..
Man thats lookin pretty sweet man. I need to do that to mine only in a different color.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
you couldn't get it at a parts store, or hardware store?
i could have.. but it wouldnt be the right kind of bolt =p actually lowes only had smaller and bigger ones.. they didnt have any similar in size

Man thats lookin pretty sweet man. I need to do that to mine only in a different color.
yep its probably my fav. mod ive done to my jeep and i havent even wheeled with it yet =D

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
wow i def stopped upgrading this forever ago =X

well as most of you know, i ditched the rear 2'' coils and swapped my stock ones back in.. also added raingler nets.. oh and added some stickers to the back and ditched the vdp soundbar for my stock one

also changed my front hubs, got a spare tire to match, and swapped out my lp30 shafts for the older hp30 shafts.. now i got a set of spares

heres an updated pic

this summer.. very shortly.. ill be adding this list to my jeep.. ill try to get everything on the list on my jeep by the time i leave for basic in october

smittybuilt front tube fenders with 3'' flare
rokmen corner guards with tube (hopefully see if i can get a custom flare added as well to match the front)
rock sliders with tube
rockhard bolt-in cage
im thinking of all 8 currie adjustable cas, or maybe just the 4 lowers, front uppers, and the full-traction 3-link upgrade (so i dont have to get a rear trackbar)
sye/ds

if i make enough money this summer, i may just say screw the shortarms and go with a longarm setup..

in the next 2 weeks im gettin a lockright for the hp30 off the guy who sold me my d44..

·
Registered
235 Posts
Looking good MoA!
I'd like to know how the tube fender install goes? I want to install a set, but I don't know how much of a job it will end up being?

·
Administrator
12,606 Posts
wow i def stopped upgrading this forever ago =X

well as most of you know, i ditched the rear 2'' coils and swapped my stock ones back in.. also added raingler nets.. oh and added some stickers to the back and ditched the vdp soundbar for my stock one

also changed my front hubs, got a spare tire to match, and swapped out my lp30 shafts for the older hp30 shafts.. now i got a set of spares

this summer.. very shortly.. ill be adding this list to my jeep.. ill try to get everything on the list on my jeep by the time i leave for basic in october

smittybuilt front tube fenders with 3'' flare
rokmen corner guards with tube (hopefully see if i can get a custom flare added as well to match the front)
rock sliders with tube
rockhard bolt-in cage
im thinking of all 8 currie adjustable cas, or maybe just the 4 lowers, front uppers, and the full-traction 3-link upgrade (so i dont have to get a rear trackbar)
sye/ds

if i make enough money this summer, i may just say screw the shortarms and go with a longarm setup..

in the next 2 weeks im gettin a lockright for the hp30 off the guy who sold me my d44..
Okay me confused... which is easy to do.. why did ya swap in older HP 30 shafts? Don't those have the smaller u-joints vs the TJ's?

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Okay me confused... which is easy to do.. why did ya swap in older HP 30 shafts? Don't those have the smaller u-joints vs the TJ's?
your thinking of it backwards.. i installed the shafts from my 99 tj lp30 into my 96 xj hp30 thats under my rig now.. for the same reason you mentioned.. bigger u-joints.. actually i left the passenger side shaft the same because it was an alloy shaft and the u-joint was bigger than the tj shaft

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Lookin good man. I wanna see those tube fenders when you get them on.
i got a set sitting in my garage :rolleyes: i just either need to get a welder and finish them, or get somebody to weld them for me.. but i started looking at jeeps without the flares, so more than likely ill sell them and get some ones with the flares

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
WOW.. i definitely went in a WAY dif approach with my build.. not including i LEFT A TON of my mods out of this forum...

and DAMN just remembered i have a set of tube fenders sitting in my parents barn i NEVER finished or installed..

oops :bottom: stupid me

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
Don't put in new carpet, rhinoline it , hurculiner works the best

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Don't put in new carpet, rhinoline it , hurculiner works the best

heh been plannin on it for over a year now.. this thread is like almost 4 years old

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
heh been plannin on it for over a year now.. this thread is like almost 4 years old
yeah, i noticed that after i posted from my ipod. then i felt kinda dumb..

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
so most of you know.. im deployed right now.. getting ready to get back to the states, finally gonna get the jeep outta the parents garage.. its been in there since December of 09..

the last set of build plans fell through when my wife and i were expecting our son keylon..

so i decided to start this build thread back up because soon enough it will be active again..

the new plans will consist of selling off old stuff i had and a bunch of new stuff.. the wifey said i could do whatever i wanted to the jeep when i came home safely..

Selling:
flareless tube fenders (sitting in my parents barn where they have been for over 2 and a half years now) i bought them from a guy who had bought a diy kit and messed up on the sheet metal on the top..

half door shells (was gonna rebuild them and run them as doors for the trails only)

and possibly my jks acos front and rear.. (still debating this) and/or my 2'' coils (all 4)

black center console.. i bought it off of Mr. C. years ago, been collecting dust ever since..

and more odds and ends that i find in my parents garage.. i know i have a bunch

Buying:
rokmen control arms, all 8

either tnt phantom fenders or sniper fab crawlers

still debating on the rear corners.. dunno if i wanna run a flare or rokmen crusher corners

PSC rockers, depending on the rear corners if i run a tube or not on these

UCF ultra-high clearance skid system

upgraded steering

gas tank skid

Goals:
1st: bed-lining the interior, painting the roll-cage, cutting the front bumper to frame width..

2nd: steering, after getting the cheaper stuff out of the way, ill start the actual buildup

3rd: tube fenders/control arms, lowering the jeep closer to stock, keeping the jks bl, dunno if i wanna run my 2'' coils front and rear, run stock coils with or without acos.. ill decide that after i get the tube fenders on..

4th: skids, gonna do a TT, and leaning on the rokmen gas tank skid..

issues i may have..

the jks front trackbar.. unlimited and i have argued before about me not having enough clearance on my Riddle diff cover with the trackbar.. so that will be one thing i have to make sure..

sye/ds: well.. duh?

long-term goal will be 35s, locked front and rear.. thinking 4.56s with arbs.. or keeping the 3.73s and going with a 350

·
Administrator
12,606 Posts
Good to see the thread will be coming back. As for the track bar, not sure on the JKS, but when I had my front 60 with the wrong bumpstops my RE bar got bent on the diff cover. Thus make sure your bump stops are set correctly.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts