Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Jeep loving women are few and far between. Mine isn't a fan but nor does she hate it. Every time I talk about a new mod for the jeep, she tries to talk me out of it.

What came first, the Jeep or the Spouse?

·
Oilfield Jeeper
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeep loving women are few and far between. Mine isn't a fan but nor does she hate it. Every time I talk about a new mod for the jeep, she tries to talk me out of it.

What came first, the Jeep or the Spouse?
The Jeep, so she already knew going into the marriage. That's my alibi

·
Registered
506 Posts
Well if she knew about it, and the obsession, she should understand.

Wait! Its a jeep thing!!!......now I know why she doesn't understand.

Have you taken her off road with it? Has she driven it? What does she drive?

·
Oilfield Jeeper
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've taken her off-road in it, she can't drive it because she can't drive a stick (I think that's why she hates it but won't admit it), she drives a Ford F-150 Lariat 4x4

·
Registered
506 Posts
I've taken her off-road in it, she can't drive it because she can't drive a stick (I think that's why she hates it but won't admit it), she drives a Ford F-150 Lariat 4x4
Ok, so now I have to ask:

How do you know she hates it?

·
Oilfield Jeeper
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She tells me she does not want to hear about my Jeep or about anything I want to add/do to it. She has also said the words "I hate that damn Jeep" ....... lol

·
Registered
506 Posts
She tells me she does not want to hear about my Jeep or about anything I want to add/do to it. She has also said the words "I hate that damn Jeep" ....... lol
Sounds like its time for a little *bow chicka wow wow* in the back of the jeep under the stars or something.

:hide:

·
Oilfield Jeeper
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LMAO, sounds fun indeed, but might be a bit difficult. Use your imagination remembering that I am 6'6" tall weighing 300lbs & she is 6'2" tall ......... So, yea .... lol

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
The solution is simple....teach her how to drive it. Chances are your next post will be, "My spouse always insists she drives".

But also, they tend "hate the Jeep" if you spend more time with it than her. So find that balance. The Jeep manuals have left out those instructions:

1) Go for a 1/2 hour walk with your wife. (Tell her you love her.)
2) Disconnect the battery
3) Raise Jeep on jack stands
4) etc

·
Oilfield Jeeper
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dextreme said:
The solution is simple....teach her how to drive it. Chances are your next post will be, "My spouse always insists she drives".

But also, they tend "hate the Jeep" if you spend more time with it than her. So find that balance. The Jeep manuals have left out those instructions:

1) Go for a 1/2 hour walk with your wife. (Tell her you love her.)
2) Disconnect the battery
3) Raise Jeep on jack stands
4) etc
LMAO ....... That is classic!!!!! Love it :thumb: Very good advice indeed

·
Bludger
12,830 Posts
Talk to her & see if she will agree to joint mods, if the Jeep gets something so does she (or something for her truck if she wants) It could be anything she likes, day spa treatment-jewellery or whatever as long as it's fair. Also try to get her to understand that it's not just a vehicle, it's also your hobby.
I guess it's easy for me to say, my hubs' is happy to go along with my Jeep whims, but we do make sure he gets something he wants as well for his toys or truck or whatever, he has a rzr.
Good luck :flowers:

·
Registered
433 Posts
I wouldnt have married my wife if she didnt love offroading/Jeeps... Its a passion and a life style. Had she not loved those things she probably would not have loved me nor would she have interested me. But Im from the south... Its a lot easier to find women into that kind of stuff. :D

·
I'm not lost
1,974 Posts
I'm so thankful the husband and I enjoy many of the same actives. Jeeping happens to be one of those things. We started with 1 I enjoyed it so much I hated to give up the wheel when we went wheeling I made him go buy his own! LOL

Our biggest issue is who gets to mod first LOL

·
Registered
267 Posts
My wife doens't love my Jeep, but she far from hates it. We enjoy a lot of outdorr activites, and the Jeep is perfect for that. Just find some things to do with her that make the Jeep fun.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I'm fortunate...my wife is the Jeep owner! ;)

1 - 20 of 71 Posts