Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this problem for three years now. Always the same thing. When summer is approaching and the warmer weather is coming I am having next problem.
When my car gets to the normal temperature, sometimes, better to say often engine just stop working. At this moment there is no power on Ignition coil.
Sometimes after a few minutes, smetimes after a few days engine starts again normaly.
I have passed more than few services and no one found the reason why is that happening.

marko

·
Knows a couple things...
49,420 Posts
What model year is it and have you had anyone check for stored diagnostic codes? My first guess (!) is the Throttle Position Sensor needs to be replaced but that is just a guess.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Tps

I would say that was a very good hunch, Jerry.

THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR (TPS)

Definition: A little gadget on the carburetor throttle linkage or fuel injection throttle body that keeps the engine control computer informed about the throttle opening (See Computerized Engine Controls). The TPS is a variable resistor that changes resistance as the throttle opens wider. The computer needs this information to change the air/fuel mixture. Adjustment is very critical and is best left to a qualified professional.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts