Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2006 Unlimited in the last 1-1/2 years has had tranny problems, I screwed up my oil pan, then had the dreaded P0300 Random Misfire Detected, but it gets better!

So after the P0300 I changed the spark plugs. Reset the code and everything was fine until a week or two later and then my front catalytic converters were bad. So I just got them fixed them replaced. Now over 300+ miles later the P0300 came back on.

I'm frustrated to say the least. It seems so random I replaced the sending unit about a year ago, new plugs a few weeks back. One O2 sensor was replaced when I had the tranny work done. I'm broke and don't want to just be throwing money at anything and everything.

Any ideas or question? I'm gonna go be sick! LOL PS I got one other problem but I'll save it for a bit to ask for help.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
my random misfire was a cracked intake manifold. It cracked during a exhaust manifold swap. (that was cracked)

There are also some earlier years that suffered from bad push rods that threw the misfire code.

Good luck with it...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts