Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
are those the rims off the willys edition's???
only thing i see wrong with it is those milk jugs..get rid of them! haha

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not too sure about the rims. It's an se and there the stick ones. But I think they came on the Willys as well. And yeah. The jugs!!! I've tried several times. Then I always get distracted by something else in my jeep haha. Or I get too frustrated with them.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
should be just a couple bolts..but yea i like it! the rims would look nice with some bigger tires ;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha. Yeah, I agree! You paying?! Mine now are 31's but I want bigger!!! Ha. College kid!!! But waiting for that refund check!!!

I'd like to thank the great American government and the fine people at the financial aid office for all the contributions to come for my jeep! :D

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
im in the same boat lol college bringin me down on the money side lol thats what christmas is for lol err maybe lol

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I know right! Haha. Only thing with Christmas is my family doesn't think a 3" skyjacker lift or a set of nice new bf goodrich a/t tires are a suitable present. They'd rather get me a sweater!!! Or make up. Btw, I'm a girl. Haha.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Tell your fam to forget the sweater and makeup idea, you have a Jeep now, lol.

As far as your Jeep, it looks good overall - Like the color, nice fender flares, wheels need to be changed (as do mine), get a drill and torx bit after those milk jugs......and it never hurts to remove the only bit of chrome on it around the headlights :D think "spray can".

Just my honest opinion.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Firemangully said:
Tell your fam to forget the sweater and makeup idea, you have a Jeep now, lol.

As far as your Jeep, it looks good overall - Like the color, nice fender flares, wheels need to be changed (as do mine), get a drill and torx bit after those milk jugs......and it never hurts to remove the only bit of chrome on it around the headlights :D think "spray can".

Just my honest opinion.
I was just thinking that about the headlights!!! :) thank you! I agree that chrome on jeeps is just ewww. And yes... Wheels. But like I told the other guy... You paying?! Haha.

Thank you for your input! :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
No problem, I took the can to my bezels and it made a TON of difference! Funny that you mentioned makeup cause after I sprayed mine the first thought I had was "holy crap, I just gave my Jeep eyeliner". :rofl::rofl: I'll get a pic up in about 5 hours.

·
Administrator
30,782 Posts
I think it looks great! What matters here is if you like it and obviously you do. On a side note, my daughter just talked me into new wheels for her birthday and of course, if you get new wheels, you have to have new rubber to put around them. Leave notes to Santa laying around for the rents to find, they will get the hint.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Id like to take those fenders off your hands. :p

Just playing man, it looks good and i love those fenders though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'd add some wider tires to fill those larger flares. And when you remove your jugs you might take off one of the fender flare extensions under the "Jeep" logo and see if you like that too

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cedarcreekjerky said:
I'd add some wider tires to fill those larger flares. And when you remove your jugs you might take off one of the fender flare extensions under the "Jeep" logo and see if you like that too
Fender flare extensions?! Could you elaborate on that please?!

·
Registered
19,285 Posts
its the rubber piece under the jeep logo on the side that isnt attached to the flares but is a seperate piece

·
Registered
62 Posts

The plastic piece of the fender flare right under the "Jeep" logo in the above pic. They will leave three small holes where the bolts were but its not that noticable

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
I took those little flairs off, welded the holes shut, and bed lines the whole strip between the two flairs up to the bottom of the door.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
cedarcreekjerky said:
http://www.wranglerforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30014&d=1289895797

The plastic piece of the fender flare right under the "Jeep" logo in the above pic. They will leave three small holes where the bolts were but its not that noticable
Ohhhhhh. Okay. Yeah. I think that would look good to take it off actually! I was skeptical about putting the ones on that go with the fender flares I got but did any way.

This is why I posted this thread!!! I miss things because i see it everyday!

Thank you guys so much!!!

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I like your fender flares ... and I'm taking my stock extensions off too... Oh, and I like your TJ too!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts