Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

My Tub Trailer Build

324334 Views 182 Replies 70 Participants Last post by  Old Dogger
I Just wanted to show off the trailer that I am building, I like seeing peoples comments and ideas, I'm sure having fun building it!

Attachments

Reactions: Push-Rod and Vincat
1 - 20 of 183 Posts

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the comments guys, I'm hoping to be able to use it this summer and would like to finish it say April/may-ish, for the corners I just went down to my local steel yard and bought a piece of the thinest wall pipe I could find and cut it into 1/4 sections, for the top I just made a lot of small pie cuts and formed the radius. I'm kinda bummed cause Americas tire called last weekend and said that my wheels are in but my BFG KM2's are on national backorder with a minnimum of 7 weeks out :eek:.
Heres the latest pics of the frame.

Attachments

· Premium Member
7,113 Posts
Really good looking work-I can seethings like this (in my head) but have NO skills in actually making them. Is there a plan to use a duster/deck cover with belt rail system, or you using custom cover or leaving open?

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm still up in the air on a cover, and I guess being that I'm in Oregon 'n' all I should figure it out since it rains here like 10 months out of the year. I do know that I am going to put a rail around most of upper part of the top that has the same styling as my ARB rocker guards. maybee it would be neat to modify a hard top to fit it?

· Registered
158 Posts
I'm still up in the air on a cover, and I guess being that I'm in Oregon 'n' all I should figure it out since it rains here like 10 months out of the year. I do know that I am going to put a rail around most of upper part of the top that has the same styling as my ARB rocker guards. maybee it would be neat to modify a hard top to fit it?

Maybe a hardtop in the summer soft top in winter...just kidding. If you don't need the height, a plywood deck covered with vinyl to match a factory soft top would give you a lockable security. What are you planning between the receiver end on the tongue and the receiver on the Jeep hitch? Or are you going to install a regular tongue hitch?

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well... up until about 2 or 3 weeks ago I was going to purchase a hitch that is made for off road trailers, I think its called teh max hitch or something like that, but when I went to purchase it I about fainted at the cost of it :eek:, sooooo...... I am going to have to make my own, I have looked at many different designs and will probably end up just putting my own little creation together. After shipping and all the little fees/tax they add on it was well over the 300 dollar amount.
I'm hoping that this weekend I will be able to work on the floor of the body, I decided to have a floor piece made at a local fab shop ( for strength reasons) with rolled beads and pinchwelds, if it is done by friday I'll be in business. I'll post pics if it comes in.

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ooooo I haven't seen the heim joint thing yet, that looks kinda cool :thumb:
I wonder if anyones done that yet? I do like the whole pintle thing too, cause its tried and true, I think it would be neat to see a heim joint hitch, well.... off to the the web I go to see what i can see! :whistling:

1 - 20 of 183 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.