Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Today when I started my 2015 JKU my uConnect 430N failed to turn on. It seems there is no power at all as it doesn't respond to any key... Usually if it's not turned on, a clock will be displayed but it's just pitch black right now...

Where should I start looking first?

Thanks

·
Registered
282 Posts
I just got my 15 rubicon a few weeks ago. U connect is intermittent. Sometimes I push the button and nothing happens at all.

I took it to the dealer and they ran the diagnostics. Said that the uconnect module lost communication with the system a few times. Apparently there are a few points that they check, and it will probably result in replacing the module.

I didn't have time to leave it at the dealer so I still need to go back. I'll post the results when I get around to going back.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I checked the fuse (the M10 15 amps blue) it seems fine... where else should I look at?
This is interesting. Owner's Manual *does* say that M10 15amp is the main fuse going to radio, but the electrical schematic says otherwise.

You should also check M12 30amp fuse.

If both fuses are intact, let the dealer take care of the rest.

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
xsdbs, I am assuming he is actually talking about the 430N, not the U-connect module. He said it was blank not even the clock.

In my 2008 T&C, that happened to me 3 times on an intermittent basis. The first was as I was driving out of the dealership after picking up the vehicle. I was going to turn around but before I could, it came back on. Then about a month later, it did it when I was driving to the store and did not come back on. My reaction was good, now they can find the problem. When I came out of the store and started the vehicle, it came on. It did it once again about a month after that and shortly after that I got a CD with a software update, and it never did it again in the next 7 years. That was actually a 430 with no nav and at that time the u-connect was in the same module with the nav.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just an update:

Yesterday I followed H3br3wHamm3r81's advise, pulled out checking the M12 fuse. It was fine so I put it back in. Today when I'm about to drive to the dealer, everything comes back alive! I don't know if it's connection of the M12 fuse or something else... but anyway I ended up at the dealer, telling them a fancy story... and they are now checking my fully functional head unit...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts