Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to get rid of the jumble of extra wires around my battery and all the in line fuse type stuff thats been added. I was looking around for a clear place to hang an auxillary fuse box and some relays all in one location close to the battery. It seems that every square inch was pretty much used up. I noticed the radiator support rod and decided to put it to work for something than just holding the front end vertical.

I just tack welded a 12" piece of 1/2 x 2" channel on the support rod and drilled holes for the fuse box, some relays, and some ground lugs. I made up and ran some #4 cable from the battery to the fuse box and one to a ground lug on the channel. I still have to finish mounting and wiring, but here's some pics so far.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Carried on a little with my project this morning. Got my KC lights wired in, as well as a relay feed from some aux dash switches that are for future compressor, locker, and more lights. This is probably as far as I'll go until I'm ready to do those mods, but at least I'll be ready.

First pic is a little blurry...too much coffee this morning..:drool:

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
I have just one question. What are you powering off of your single battery, that you need to install a electrical panel, A New York Skyscraper?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I have just one question. What are you powering off of your single battery, that you need to install a electrical panel, A New York Skyscraper?
I have upgraded harnesses for my headlights and fogs, plus 2 sets of KC lights and a winch. Oh and a ham radio. I need to fix up my wiring mess too.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope, just cleaning it up. Didn't like all the in line fuses spread all over the place. When you get old, you start forgetting where things are, that's the reason for the yellow paint..:D.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts