Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a lot of time and pride invested in my jeep mostly because All of this I am learning as I go.This is my first jeep I have been working on it for a couple years now.Over that time I have learned to weld,bend,notch grind,cuss assemble disassemble reassemble I have built parts of this jeep 3 times.Here's some pictures of different stages of my build.Here's the jeep right after It came home with a new Rubicon Express 5.5 heavy duty Tri link kit, sye,drive shaft,33x12.5 MTRs,new exhaust and 2.0 fox shocks which were later traded for King 2.5 Tripple Bypass which were later traded out for King 3.0 with remote reservoirs.She's being prepped for a Genright roll cage.

Attachments

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here she is after I added some more tubing seat belt harnesses and a floor cage for the PRP seats I got for 100$ used and recovered.

Attachments

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heres the best pic I have of the rear shocks and back seat in,we went with out a rear seat for a while and the littlest kid was pissed!! So to make her happy there is now a back seat again.

Attachments

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Front bumper, I wanted to utilize the stock front bumper so this is what I ended up with but will soon be switched out for a stinger Im making hopefully next week.

Attachments

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heres the rear tire carrier I just finished today trying some different colors I think red looks good,neighbor say's black.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a ton of pictures of most of the steps dont mind the dates I dont ever bother to reset it when the camera dies so their all mixed up looks like I did it all in 2 months lol.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I really like that front bumper. Patent that quickly. I'm sure you could sell that. Can you take a profile shot? Jeep looks great.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys,I just been working lately, went off the forum for a while I got 3 girls its pretty hard to fight my way to the computer these day's.As for the jeep I got rid of the 2.5" Triple Bypass shocks and got 3" because of the clicking of the by passes super annoying at slow speed.Did a few good trips out to the desert managed to put some thing through the front of my computer and fried it.I installed Currie Anti rocks front and rear added a back seat did some gusset work on the front axle.The greatest change I made was getting a wider seat from PRP :D so im not so wedged in any more.I added the Currie front end set up when the stock one started going.Im gonna start a front bumper tomorrow and I think some rear flares like genright makes Im warming up to making some tube fenders.How about you Rawkon getting any thing done on your end.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
awesome update man, yea ive been welding away the last few days. almost done with my cage work. im still running those fox 2.slows and added some bilstein bumps up front. i need to redo the bump pads on the axle truss and gusset my new HP30 then go take it out for mojave road in march. after that i wanna re work my rear suspension and get some real shocks going from the axle through the tub. I bought a 05 cummins with some12" 2.5 smooth bocies up front and 2.5 double bypasses out back. i woukdnt mind putting them on the jeep.... lol

ive been kissing and trying to hold 70mph in the rough and am thinking thats about the limits of me or my wheelbase. i added the 8.8 (shoulda gone with a 9 ) and hoping it will help my traction situation with a over packed LS. ... we will see.. having a budget go fast jeep isnt easy....

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Those 2.0's are nice I liked them a lot I cant believe I ran them as hard as I did with no bump stops.Mojave sounds fun I cant wait til Tierra Del Sol my transfer case was busted last year or I thought it was .I tore my Transmission mount in half which was actually a pleasant surprise.You going to The King of Hammers.70 is pretty fast I like to scare the hell out of people and that usually only takes 55, we'll see now that I took that tire carrier off the back I probably threw every thing off the new one weight 1/3 as much.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
yea 70 isnt a normal speed lol i keep it 40 to 60 for the very most part. 70s just gets sketchy, even in 4 hi and it still likes to get away from me. as im sure you know it doesnt take much to get completely sideways. im trying to get out there to koh. im real interested in the stock mod class. not to thrilled that a bunch of deep pocket shops entered but we will see how it goes. we gotta get out man and go for a "cruise" through some washes. march 15 through the 17/18 is when were headed out with fourwheeler. if your available come on out. lots of go fast setups jeeps and rangers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts