Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I'd make a thread for my 94 yj build.

Well my 2.5 L engine's life ended over a month ago. Ordered a remanufactured atk da28 replacement engine for the jeep. It's also a 4 cyl. Got my engine down and stripped to the core and now just have to get all my parts put onto the new engine and hook it up.

image-2822515384.jpg

image-3727370746.jpg

The old engine where my piston rod broke loose and busted out the side.

image-3360067251.jpg

image-2906318230.jpg

image-2103066050.jpg

My new engine core. It looks great but it cost a pretty penny. Can't wait to get it in there and let her run again.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Nice pics, I like the carnage the rod end did to the block, seems common for this engine. My couins did the same thing to him, except his went out the oil pan. I will be picking it up in a couple weeks to see if it's still salvageable. Btw, what did the reman block cost?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice pics, I like the carnage the rod end did to the block, seems common for this engine. My couins did the same thing to him, except his went out the oil pan. I will be picking it up in a couple weeks to see if it's still salvageable. Btw, what did the reman block cost?
Roughly 1700 for the reman block.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
image-669744238.jpg

Between work and school it's taken me this long to get this stuff done. But pretty much ready to drop back in and hook up. Fingers crossed everything is going back together right.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
If your putting the 4cyl back in you should have spent a little more And gotten 505 performances 2.9l stroker! Just IMO. They say it comes with 185 HP and 209 lbfts

·
Registered
374 Posts
They say atk is one of the best, I hope everything goes well for you. I'll be doing the same engine when mine finally pukes. I would like to know how everything is going when you get 1000 miles or so on it. Good luck

·
Registered
374 Posts
Almost forgot, I take it atk doesn't want the core???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Almost forgot, I take it atk doesn't want the core???
I bought mine through napa auto parts and they took my old core even with that hole in it. But I've almost got her running. A few problems wiring my starter motor right now but she's in there. Once I get where the engine will start, we'll see if everything else is functioning nicely.

image-1089774300.jpg

image-3046344185.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts