Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry new here, anyone use the "lock pick" to add a backup camera to the factory nav? 2016 jk here

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
No personal experience. However from my reading, yes.

Many go with just taking it to the dealer to have the reverse camera enabled. Others pay more (but sometimes less hassle) and go the lockpick route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,910 Posts
Sorry new here, anyone use the "lock pick" to add a backup camera to the factory nav? 2016 jk here
If all you want to do is add a backup camera you can do that for a LOT less money than the cost of a Lockpick. There are backup camera threads on here that tell what to buy off Amazon and then all you need to do is get your dealer to flash the computer to enable the backup camera feature. That can cost anywhere from $50 or so to over $150 - call around first.

BTW, I wouldn't have a Lockpick if it was free. Their customer service is abysmal and they act like you do not exist after they sell you their product. One of their Lockpicks cost me over $1000 in repairs to my Chrysler. There are other alternatives to a Lockpick such as NAV-TV, if you want to go that route.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Have had the mygig lock pick for 6 years now. Only time I had an issue got a call back right away. Works great for me. 2012 JKUR with 730 radio.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts