Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

As you all know, the 730n on the wrangler 2012 comes with a USB slot (both through the display unit itself, and through the center console) for ipod/iphone integration.

Now, MyGIG offers two solutions for unlocking:
The normal mygig v5 lockpick (Prius Accessories) for $289

And, the CHR550 with ipod/iphone cable (CHR550 LOCKPICK) for $349

The question is, since the 730n already comes with iphone integration, is there any benefit from getting the CHR550, or will the iphone work fine with the normal lockpick v5 unit (including video out etc).

Any experience on the above?

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I have the 730N and Lockpick V5, I've been happy with it. The 550 will give you the ability to play video from iDevice onto the screen, otherwise they pretty much the same. Shop around on eBay though, I payed closer to $200 for my V5 shipped from a reputable seller.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the chr550 hooked up to my 730n. As mentioned above the only real difference in the ability for videos to be streamed from your i device. Below is a link from the company I used to order mine, they were great to work with.

Dodge Lockpick

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have the 730N and Lockpick V5, I've been happy with it. The 550 will give you the ability to play video from iDevice onto the screen, otherwise they pretty much the same. Shop around on eBay though, I payed closer to $200 for my V5 shipped from a reputable seller.
Jwilson-

Which seller on ebay did you buy from? Feel free to PM if necessary.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts