Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i was driving last night in my new older 95' and was running the heat and kept feeling a shot of cold air on my face. i had my daughter put her hands under the dash and there was cold air coming in thru the heater box vent all the way to the right of the passenger cab! is this normal? or is there something stuck open? heat in this thing has been an issue. blows somewhat warm but doesnt really seem to flow very well out of the lower 2 vents.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
There are 2 cool air vent ducts that don't always seem to close all the way all the time. One is by the pasanger door and one under the dash behind the speedo. Every time I change the blower options on my heater contol pannel I have to reach up and shut them. U might try flushing ur heater core it may be pluged.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I had the same problem wit hthe box all the way to the right of passanger feet...used duct tape to seal it no problems with cold air in the cab now...that is a outside air vent and should be closed when the heat is on and open when you move the slider to the vent selection.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys! i will try and see if i can reach up inside and shut these down. otherwise duct tape will be second option, one of the best things ever created by man! i have the jeep scheduled for a flush this week.

·
Registered
717 Posts
duct tape and WD40

Those are the only two things you REALLY need. If it moves, and shouldn't, DUCT TAPE. If it don't move and should, WD40.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts